MV
Posted By
martin_verity
May 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any easy way of changing a white studio background to a colour.

I am specifically shooting some portraits against a white background.

I know I can do it by masking, but obviously that takes massive amounts of time when faced with frizzy hair etc.

Could there be a way of doing other than that, say using layers or changes in hue etc.

Any suggestions more than welcome.

Many thanks

Martin

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
May 21, 2004
Lost your way, Martin?

ajptech "How do I Change a white Studio Background to Colour" 5/21/04 8:16am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
T
Todie
May 21, 2004
If someone stole my magic wand, I wouldn’t press charges.

Martin, have you ever tried blue/green-screen photography?
MV
martin_verity
May 24, 2004
How would that work for photography?

I’ve used it in the past for shooting video (when I was at college)but didnt realise it would work the same for stills!!
T
Todie
May 24, 2004
There are applications that make background removal easy on digital video that was shot against green or blue seamless.
In Photoshop, sampling the background color and select>similar gets you close to the final mask.

The best way to shoot blue/green screen is to keep the subjects relatively far from the background and light the background as evenly as possible (separate from the main subject lights).
A back-hair-light would help too.

Also see: Todie "removing backgrounds – help!" 5/23/04 9:03pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/8>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections