DK
Posted By
Dave_Kalemba
Nov 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anybody know how to make PhotoShop Elements 2.0 the default picture editor in MS Word?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Nov 17, 2003
Dave,

Why not edit your images in PSE and then bring them into Word?
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 17, 2003
Dave, the Word help seems to indicate that Microsoft Photo Editor is the ‘hard-wired’ choice for editing within Word. If that’s true, Nancy’s approach is the way to go.
JK
JP Kabala
Nov 18, 2003
If you have Word 2K or later, you may not be able to change it at all. And you may not even have the choice of Photo Editor if you have Office XP or 2003. (they stopped shipping Photo Editor as a part of Office with XP)

The fact that there is a dialog box that looks like you ought to be able to make a change is a vestigial leftover from the days when Microsoft actually wanted to give you a choice.

I had four very long phone calls with Office tech support re this. It sucks, they know it sucks, and they don’t give a flying fig. "It is not a bug, it is designed to function that way. No, there is no current workaround."

Dweebs.

wrote in message
Dave, the Word help seems to indicate that Microsoft Photo Editor is the ‘hard-wired’ choice for editing within Word. If that’s true, Nancy’s approach is the way to go.

DK
Dave_Kalemba
Nov 18, 2003
Nancy/Chuck: Thanks for the reply, but I am trying to access PE2.0 through Word rather than editing via PE2.0 and importing into Word. I know that Word has the capability of selecting a "Default" picture editor, but it seems to limit your choices to MS products. I looked in the MS Knowledgebase, and it basically notes that PE2.0 should have made itself available to Word when I installed. However, that is not the case. BTW, I am using Word 2000 on a Win200 system.
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 18, 2003
Dave,

I understood what you were trying to do…just figured rather than knock yourself out trying to get around the wishes of that Redmond group to keep all computer activites "within the family", I would point out the obvious alternative.

Nancy
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 18, 2003
Might the issue be one of order in which the two programs were installed? If Word was on before PSE2, Word may not have the capability of recognizing a piece of software that didn’t exist on the computer at the time it was put on. A MS Office users site might be a better place to post this question, since it appears people on this one don’t have the experience you were hoping for.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections