Posted By
Phil_Orgeron
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, this is Phil

I want to use the browser but it doesn’t get called up when I click browse in the file menu. I get returned to the main screen.

The keyboard shortcut produces the same response.

NOTE: I disabled the welcome screen so I can’t access it that way.

Any help would be appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 16, 2003
Phil …

To access the Welcome screen again just go to Window then on the pull down screen select Welcome but if the other ways have not worked then I doubt that way will.

Have you tried Window then Reset Palette location or deleting the preferences ?.

Hope one of these works
Wendy
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 16, 2003
Sometimes this happens to me when I have my screen set to max size…it gets hidden under my Win XP task bar (sounds like it may be also happening to you since using palette reset doesn’t work). Here is what I do when this happens: From PE opened max size click the restore window size button (top corner two squares next to close window button…now you may be able to see the tiniest sliver of your browser (mine is usually so deep that it looks like a bevel)… now pull on the sliver it should bring the browser position up. Hopefully, this will work.

Terri
PO
Phil_Orgeron
Nov 16, 2003
Terri and Wendy….

Thanks so much for your fast replies.

For reasons I don’t understand when I opened Elements to try your suggestions …. the browser window was peeking out from the bottom of the screen.

Either I missed it before by oversight (which I doubt) or something odd is happening here.

Anyway, all is well and thanks again

Phil
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 16, 2003
Phil, the browser does that to most of us…I think it was a cruel joke by one of the programmers, but I have no proof….

🙂

Chuck
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 16, 2003
I’m with you Chuck … mine goes walk abouts too. Maybe it just gets fed up of the long hours and poor pay 🙂

Phil … Glad its back and working again.

Wendy
TW
Tony_Weisse
Nov 17, 2003
I stopped using the browser becuase it would sometimes disappear off the edge of the window when I opened it. If you really want to use the file browser then try puttin it in the pallette well.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections