RC
Posted By
Robert_Cartwright
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is the message I get when I attempt to use the image re sizing tool for email attachments. I’d appreciate learning the solution.

Alternatively, having read earlier posts about troubles (fairly common, it seems) using this tool, is there a preferred method for accomplishing the same goal without using that tool?

I’m using the email client with Netscape 7.1 as my default email in Windows 98.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KW
Kyle_White
Nov 16, 2003
Hi Robert,

I can’t help with the PSE/e-mail routine as I’ve never used it. What I’ve always done, with any graphics program, is save a copy of the image I want to send, separately from my "master" image, the open up my e-mail client (Mozilla in this case) and attach from there.

This works very well from PSE2’s "Save for Web…" options, as it allows you to size the image appropriately for your intended receipient. (i.e.: are they on dial-up or broadband etc.) It’s also much easier to attach mulitple images to a single e-mail.

Just a thought.

Kyle
B
BobHill
Nov 17, 2003
Robert,

Email shouldn’t have much to do with your internet browser. But you should be using either Outlook or Outlook Express for your email use..

Bob
KW
Kyle_White
Nov 18, 2003
BobH,

Netscape (and Mozilla) are full Internet suites and include browsers, e-mail clients, IRC chat clients and a Web page composer, all in one big suite. The trend these days is to go for individual apps (Mozilla Firebird browser and Thunderbird e-mail client for example), but I like the integration of the suite. I’ve been using Netscape/Mozilla for my e-mail since Netscape 2.02 (1998) and am now on Mozilla 1.5 and each migration, from machine to machine and Windows to OS/2 to Mac OS X has been totally painless.

I just tried using PSE2’s "Attach to e-mail…", but it doesn’t like Mozilla, it would appear. I think it’s looking for Apple’s Mail application or Entourage. Oh, well. 😉

Besides, I don’t believe Outlook/Express is available for Mac OS X.

There’s another thread going about this, specifically dealing with Mac’s at: Barbara Brundage "no attach to email in Panther?" 11/17/03 2:01pm </cgi-bin/webx?14>

So there are hiccups in the system.

Kyle
B
BobHill
Nov 18, 2003
Kyle,

Perhaps there is a certain group thing, but hardly a "trend". Without going into philosophical situations, however, this is why you are having trouble with your email link in Elements. This was NOT designed to work with all email clients. It WAS designed for the most popular one, and that’s MS Outlook and Outlook Express. You should, however, be able to use whatever file attachment options that your current email client offers and then just direct it to the Elements worked (or other) images you wish to send.

Bob
LM
Lou_M
Nov 18, 2003
Bob,

It’s not philosophical differences or anything like that. All that the Mac OS X users are saying is that:

* there is an "Attach to e-Mail" button and menu item in Photoshop Elements, and * there never has been, and apparently never will be, Outlook or Outlook Express for OS X

So Adobe must’ve designed it for something. 🙂
B
BobHill
Nov 19, 2003
I can’t speak to the MAC, Lou. But if Elements is designed for all MAC systems, then I’d say whatever is the most popular email client should very much work there. I believe that Barbara has covered this situation, however.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections