aasmund_gylseth
Nov 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Please help me.
I am a beginner.
I am going to make Christmas Card, and I want to use the "Edge tool" How do I change the size of the edge (white border)?

The best

Aasmund Gylseth

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 16, 2003
Could you please be a little more specific? I can’t find reference to an "edge tool" in Elements. I don’t know if this means you’re on the wrong forum and using full Photoshop or if you’re describing something I just don’t recognize and perhaps know under a different name. What, exactly, are you trying to accomplish?
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 16, 2003
I’m with Beth….never heard of the edge tool….but that doesn’t mean anything 😉 To make a border create a new layer above your image and select it ( ctrl click the new layer in the layers palette to get marching ants around the edge) go to edit>stroke>choose your color and ‘edge’ 😉 pixel size and choose ‘inside’ or ‘center’. It’s always best to make new layers for things like this ( 1 million things like this) so that you can change/edit/add to it without disturbing your image.
AG
aasmund_gylseth
Nov 17, 2003
Form and size of edges

Thanks for the information up to now about layers – it works. It is always something new to learn. To be more precise: I use Adobe Elements. I want to make edges on my Christmas card, using "Filter" or "Effects", ex. "Stroke frame". I can just find one size of this "Stroke frame". Is it possible: 1. to resize the frame/edge? Is it possible to make more rough strokes with another brush?
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 17, 2003
you can resize the stroke the same way you applied it the first time. While creating a new layer above your image you can do anything you want with any brush/tool you want to create a frame. Let us know what you mean by rough strokes and i’m sure we can give you some pointers.
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 18, 2003
You could also use someones prepackaged frames or borders off of Adobe Exchange…there might even be a few in the original custom shape selection…not sure. By the way, these would be found in custom shape section, and be loaded into presets<custom shape folder. If you, do this you can use image<free transform to position it as you wish. The important part is to use the Sharpen Edges filter to clean them up otherwise they tend to be sloppy along the edges. Next apply a style (note not all styles work great on this project…you will have to experiment with different styles. You may also have to go into Layer Style Settings and tinker with bevel, lighting, glow etc. to get it to your taste.) It sounds complicated but it’s actually pretty simple.

I would also like to know if the ripple frame etc in effects palette can be adjusted. If so how. I tried selection then apply with no success.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections