Installing Photoshop 6 AND Elements 2 on same computer?

JB
Posted By
John_Byers
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ll be teaching two different classes, one using Photoshop 6, and the other using Elements. I already have Elements installed on my laptop.

If I install Photoshop 6, will I be able to independently access it as well as the Elements application?

It is possible to simultaneously run both applications, or must one be closed to run the other?

– John

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Jim_Hess
Nov 13, 2003
Both programs can be loaded onto the same computer, and they can both be open at the same time. I just tried it, and it was even possible to have the same picture open in both programs. As far as I can see, the only conflict you will encounter is if you have the same picture open in both programs, make changes, and try to save the changes while the other program still has the same file open.
DH
Dave Hamer
Nov 13, 2003
John

I teach both Photoshop Elements 2 and Photoshop 7 and have both installed. Sometimes when I want to demonstrate the differences, I have both opened but just minimize the one rather than close it. Works OK in both Windows 98SE and Windows XP. You can have as many versions installed as you want as long as each is in a separate sub -directory

Dave
JB
John_Byers
Nov 13, 2003
Thanks!
R
Ray
Nov 13, 2003
Been running both for the past 4 months and everything worked great !
B
BobHill
Nov 17, 2003
As long as you always install the programs into their own folders, no problem with them being on the same system. You can even have two versions of the same program (Elements 1.0 and 2.0) if you have the need.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections