LK
Posted By
Larry_Koehn
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the Adobe Elements 1.0 version on a Dell 2.0 gig XP with 512 RAM. For some reason I don’t know, the "Adobe Online" window has taken over my tool box. What used to be a full length toolbox now is collapsed on the screen. When I click on it to expand or open it, the "Adobe Online" window appears. When I open the "Help" menu in the "Elements" program and click on "Help Contents", nothing happens. My program has become virtually useless because of the pesky "Online" window. I went through the process of filling out the preferences for internet connection but in the preferences window, it states that the default browser cannot be found. I am using a cable modem. I totally uninstalled and reinstalled the program thinking I would be back to original status, but that "Online Window" file must be hidden somewhere in the system. Larry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Mark_Reibman
Nov 13, 2003
That’s weird. First thing to try, Go to Window>Reset Palette Locations and see if that doesn’t put a little sanity back into Elements.

If that doesn’t work, reset the preferences for Elements.
B
BobHill
Nov 13, 2003
Mark,

As soon as you launch Elements do a Control/Command SHIFT Alt/Options and keep the keys down until you get the message asking if you’d like to remove the settings. Say yes. This removes current Preferences and resets them to original factory settings and you should get your tool box back. Sometimes corruptions of the Prefs do happen for some reason. This will normally fix those types of problems. Let us know how you make out.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections