DB
Posted By
Don_Bell
Nov 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to convert a number of tiff files to jpeg files at a level 8 compression, but when I use the automate command for the conversion it defaults to a level 5 compression. I’ve tried changing the level of compression just before doing the batch conversion, but it always jumps back to level 5. Is there a way to force it to save the files at level 8?

Thanks for any help.
Don

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JH
Jim_Hess
Nov 12, 2003
What version of Elements are using? In my Elements 2.0, in my conversion options I can choose from four different levels of JPEG compression, the last of which is JPEG MAX. I think JPEG HIGH should give you what you need.
BB
brent_bertram
Nov 12, 2003
Don,
If you’re on the Windows platform, you might be interested in IrfanView, a freeware utility. It has a lot of flexibility in graphics format conversions, and I use it instead of Elements for just that purpose. <http://www.irfanview.com/>

🙂

Brent
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 12, 2003
Hi, Brent! Where have you been??? Welcome back!!
DB
Don_Bell
Nov 14, 2003
I must have version 1.0. Besides upgrading, is there any way to choose the compression level in this version?
Don
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 14, 2003
Don, you can choose a JPEG compression level in PSE 1 if you’re doing a Save As on one image, but there’s nothing available for the Batch mode. That was one of the big improvements that pushed some of us over the edge in deciding to upgrade from version 1 to version 2.
BB
brent_bertram
Nov 14, 2003
Hi Chuck,
" Hi, Brent! Where have you been??? Welcome back!! " .

I changed jobs, working at a pre-historic place where I don’t have internet access. It’s a hard adjustment to make ! <G>

🙂

Brent
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 14, 2003
Brent, I can empathize; I have a ‘puter at work, but they don’t give Internet access to contractors. Never mind I worked there for 33 years as an employee…..!
On the other hand, I’m being paid to do a specific job, so I can’t really complain…

Chuck
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Nov 15, 2003
Hi, Brent
I haven’t heard from you in a long time. Ever since the UM-MSU game, you have been really quiet. <grin>
GO BLUE!!!
Bert
BB
brent_bertram
Nov 16, 2003
Bert,
Sometimes humility is the best option available ! <G>

🙂

S!!!

[Better than last year ! ]
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Nov 16, 2003
Brent,
Well, next week is when we find out if the Wolves are any good. No season is a success if we lose to OSU.
Bert
J
jhjl1
Nov 16, 2003
Those of us who are LSU fans are counting on the "Big Blue". Go Wolverines! I thought I would never say that.

Have A Nice Day,
jwh 🙂
My Pictures
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections