CH
Posted By
christopher_henson
Nov 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I set Elements 2.0’s online "Help" to open in Safari rather than Explorer?

GoLive did it automatically. I have already set Safari as my default browser yet Element’s Help still opens in Explorer.

Thanks

Chris

Mac osx 10.2.8

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

KW
Kyle_White
Nov 12, 2003
Hi Christopher,

You have to sneak up on it. In Finder, drill down to the /Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2/Help folder and do a ‘Get Info’ on one of the HTML files there.
In the Info panel select Safari to "Open With" and then hit the "Change All" button. This will make Safari the default app for all of the HTML files on your system, including PSE2’s Help.

HTH

Kyle
SS
Susan_S.
Nov 12, 2003
That’s cool Kyle -thanks so much. I’ve just switched to MozillaFirebird from IE (until I upgrade to 10.3 from 10.1.5 safari won’t talk to me) – I was amazed just how much my slow internet was a function of the slow browser rather than the dial-up. It was embarassing seeing my husbands laptop with a fifty per cent slower processor and a quarter of the RAM opening files next to my machine at threee times the speed! – but he does use OS9. I’m hoping 10.3 will speed things up further.

Susan S.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Nov 12, 2003
Ha, We’ve been saying it couldn’t be done and the solution was so simple. Nice tip Kyle.

Susan,

I think you’ll like Panther/Safari. I just updated from 10.1.5 on my iMac and it was worth the upgrade.
SS
Susan_S.
Nov 12, 2003
Mark – it’s on my (rather long!) Christmas list Having just spent some money on an ADSL modem/router and setting up broadband I’ve overspent my IT budget again for this month.

Susan S

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections