RS
Posted By
Ralph_S_Miller_Jr
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Under File….Open Recent….I have 10 photos there, that I do not want there.(Windows Home XP.) Is there a way to delete them and/or move them back to My Documents?
Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 10, 2003
Well, your image files haven’t moved at all, they’re still wherever you store them on the hard drive. That’s merely a list of the most recent files you’ve had open, which I often use as a quick way of going back to an image file I’d been working on not long ago. It lets me toggle back and forth much more quickly than having to do File>Open if I’m working on a big collage or something similar and I don’t want open files cluttering up my desktop.

If you don’t want those files to appear in a list of your most recent documents, go to Edit>Preferences>Saving Files. Toward the bottom of the page you’ll see a box in which you can set the number to be kept in the Open Recent area. Just set it to 0.
GC
george_c_reis
Dec 9, 2003
I am new to this forum, so I hope that its OK to ask a question of a reply. If you set the Edit>Preferences?Saving Files>number to 0, you can’t recall any "recent files". However, if you then change the number to say, 10 – then the 10 most recent files are available.

Do you know how the delete PE2’s internal list of recent files so that subsequent users can not access any recent file names?

Thanks
JH
Jim_Hess
Dec 9, 2003
There really isn’t anything you can do to modify this feature. That list is a standard Windows feature that several other software programs I use has included as well (bad English). The program is going to list the most recent files that have been open. I have seen this request in the other forums as well, but the solution is always the same. You cannot change it.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 9, 2003
nope, now you are in trouble ;)…you’ll have to bring in a bunch of obselete images one after another to fill up the ‘recent files’ quota…that will replace what you don’t want to share.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 9, 2003
Hey Jodi,

I wouldn’t have thought of that one … thanks for the tip 🙂

Wendy
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 9, 2003
PSE2 has a MRU (most recently used) memory of 30 files… and I have no idea where it’s stored.

As Ralph describes, you can simply go into preferences and change the number of recent files to show, and it will display up to the last 30.

It might be easier to change the filenames of the images you wish to view "on the sly", before and after viewing them in PSE.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 10, 2003
Has anyone noticed whether deleting the Elements Preference folder wipes out files in the Recently Opened area? Something tells me it might.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 10, 2003
ah Beth, there you go thinking with your brain again ;)( as you do so well )…YES it does. I knew that but never thought of it….it’s kind of annoying to have to delete prefs for this reason in particular. I like and enjoy using my ‘most recent’ options.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 10, 2003
Well, I look really scary in hats, so I have to use my head for something! 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 10, 2003
that’s right ! Your legs are just meant to carry it around as well. 😉 Though some prefer to make their brains go faster by ‘jogging’ … 🙂
GC
george_c_reis
Dec 17, 2003
Where is Elements Preference folder?
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 17, 2003
If you truly want to locate the Preference folder for yourself, you’re going to have to search your hard drive. The location will vary, depending on which platform you use (Win or Mac) and which OS.

If you want to delete the Preference folder, there’s a shortcut:

With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and then make a quick grab for the (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. The folder will rebuild as Elements continues to launch.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections