Posted By
Nicola_Bludau
Nov 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I asked the same question in another thread:
In the program itself I have got only very poor possibilities to describe an image: description, Copyright&URL, EXIF. (EXIF is not usable for me, for I’m still an analog photographer).
If I look at the file in Windows Explorer – Properties – there are all possibilities to describe the photo you ever whish.
But how it can be used?
I would like to use this information for my Web Gallery I made with Photoshop Elements like this: some of the informations should be shown when the thumbnail pops up and the photo enlarges. A Picture Number and perhaps a title should be shown with the thumbnails.
Has anybody got any idea if this could work and how??
With kind regards Nicola

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 11, 2003
You might want to take a look at the link in Susan’s post from earlier this month. Elements just wasn’t designed for what you’re trying to do, unless you want to add in the information manually. This can be done on the pages with the full image quite easily, but the thumbnail section is harder to edit. And in order to do that editing, you would still have to have some kind of software for creating websites.
Susan S. – 03:05pm Nov 3, 2003 Pacific (#7 of 24)

Well if we’re playing with websites – can anyone see this?

<http://members.ozemail.com.au/~sestewart/pictures/>

(Album generated with jalbum – a java app which works on all platforms knwon to mankind and is free – I like the way it extracts the EXIF info, and is infinitely customisable if you know HTML and things.. but also has quite a lot of options straight out of the download – this is the most basic one) Also includes an FTP client for uploading to the webpage.
The photos have all been heavily Elemented.
Susan S,
RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 11, 2003
You can add information to a scanned image by going to File>file info… and typing in caption info. Web Galleries can use caption info for naming, but this is a "one at a time" manual process.

Rich
DA
David_A_Larsen
Nov 14, 2003
Hi,

I’m also frustrated that Elements does not seem to have the full compliment of File Info that the old Photoshop’s did – does anyone know if Photoshop CS still has a comprehensive File Info function like the older versions? If so, where would I find information on what exactly is there?

Thanks

Dave
RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 14, 2003
Photoshop CS has modified the File Info dialog somewhat from earlier versions, but it is much more detailed than before. As well as basic File description info, File Info now includes Camera Data, History, and XMP info.

Rich
JE
Jeff_Engle
Nov 19, 2003
Writing about EXIF data – is there a way in Photoshop CS to display camera data in a Web Photo Gallery page or contact sheet? I have not received my upgrade to CS yet, but in looking through Version 7 I can see all the info., but can’t figure a way to print it out or display it along with the pictures.

Jeff
B
BobHill
Nov 20, 2003
Jeff,

You are posting in PhotoShop Elements User to User forum. This is a completely different program than PhotoShop CS, which has it’s own forum. Rather than giving you an answer here, it would be best for you to post there, which will produce a more cogent thread. But, have you considered Copy/Paste of the EXIF into File Data,

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections