GD
Posted By
Grant_Dixon
Nov 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know this is a way off topic but I saw a movie of the life of the great Mexican artist Frida Kahlo. It is titled Frida and by any measurement it is a wonderfully artistic movie about a great artist and free spirit. I highly recommend this movie to anyone that has the least interest in the art of cinematography.

Home Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

Challenge Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

Alexander Osborn (1888 – 1966)

********************************************************* Grant

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 9, 2003
another way O.T. > In my category for worst movie/acting and best cinematography : Legend
TD
tello_daronatsy
Nov 9, 2003
Sorry Jodi Grant is right on target about Frida.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 10, 2003
did that sound like i was putting down Frida ? Nooooooo, I was just making conversation 😉 Wondering if anyone else notices ‘cinematography’ in movies…something I tend to do. I have an eye that sees stuff other than the main attention which is suppose to be the actors/story. We just bought ‘ Finding Nemo’ DVD for the kids and I really really really took major attention to the graphics. I noticed the possibility of actual film that had been slightly enhanced to ‘look’ like animation in some sections of the movie. We have a darn great SONY flat screen ( not plasma….I wish 😉 ) with 3d brushing and it’s got a real phenominal picture and the graphics from this film was exceptional on it. Anyways, again, i was just pointing out my thoughts on cinematography. Legend is an older movie so they did a good job back then with the whole ‘dreamy-make believe’ feel…..despite Cruises terrible act.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Nov 10, 2003
Jodi

I didn’t think you were putting down Frida but that you were taking a swipe at Cruise and for that I am happy as I am not a Cruise type so … maybe I still have a chance in this world 😉

g.
DH
Dave Hamer
Nov 10, 2003
Jodi,

Did you also watch all the extra features on the Finding Nemo DVD? Gives really good insight into how these animated films are developed and created. I thought the plot was thin but the graphics excellent.

ps: How’s the book coming?

Dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections