Posted By
Jane_Carter
Nov 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The Eclipse is really beautiful!
Not going to try to take any pictures, just going to look at it and enjoy it. Clear, cold, and perfect conditions to see the sky here in the NE USA. Jane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 9, 2003
It can be seen a few miles North of us, but the clouds (that weren’t present all day long) are now moving in from the South. No eclipse viewing for us this time.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Nov 9, 2003
We had a great veiw here in Minnesota but as I had to start work at 6:00pm, and was very busy from the get go, I only caught the end. It was still pretty neat though.

Clear, cold,

Yeah here too. When I got off work this morning at 6:00am it was 11 below zero. Ba ba ba brrrrrr……

Joe
R
RobertHJones
Nov 9, 2003
No joy here! The clouds blocked the view completely. We may get rain tomorrow.

Bob
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 9, 2003
Didn’t see a thing as there was so much cloud !
GD
Grant_Dixon
Nov 9, 2003
I did see the eclipse last night in a sort of round about bizarre way. I went to a banquet that was in honour of five peoples that organised an astronomy club ten years ago. The guest speaker was the host of CBC’s Quirks and Quarks, Bob McDonald. All the guest were Astronomers, both amateur and professional and their significant others. During each course of the meal most people got up from the table and went outside for a peek. One of the guest brought a small telescope and set it up just for this purpose. It was a strange sight ladies in evening gowns, men in tuxes, cocktails in hand, milling around, waiting for a look through the telescope while their plates were being replaced back in the hall. Yes I have a strange bunch of friends but I would not change them for all the tea in China.

go.
AT
Andrew_Turek
Nov 10, 2003
Anyone remember the lunar eclipse of August 1989? I saw it at home (London) where conditions were perfect; whereas most if not all of the Continental US was cloudy. The next day I went, half-dead with lack of sleep, to Cincinatti on business and a couple of days later having a free evening I went to the Planetarium there. I took great pleasure when the commentator remarked "I don’t suppose anyone here saw the eclipse, did they?" in calling out "Yes, and it was the best I’ve ever seen!".

It was a bit like handing round Cuban cigars in restaurants in the US, a pleasure I occasionally indulged in. Bought duty-free at Heathrow they weren’t too expensive. Nowadays of course in New York and some other sad places they would be banned for being cigars, not for being Cuban!

Andrew
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 10, 2003
Grant, I don’t think they are strange at all. What i find strange is people who go to banquets to see what other people are wearing and who they are……….ya know. People with ‘actual’ interests in things other this are the only ones that interest me. Did you see the aurora borealis on the night of oct. 31 st ???
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 10, 2003
Hi Jodi, We actually saw the aurora borealis here on Cape Cod, that almost never happens here. We are on the south side, but our local newspaper and some local photographers got some fantastic pictures of it.
My husband has a really neat old telescope and I wish he would set it out this winter. That used to be a lot of fun, and it is now sitting in a corner of our cellar.
Just the incentive I need to get him to set it up. Wouldnt it be fun to see what we could ‘capture’ with the digital cameras thru it!
Jane
GD
Grant_Dixon
Nov 11, 2003
Jodi

I did see the aurora on that night or was it the previous night or was it …. oh my the mind is a terrible thing to waste.

g.
AT
Andrew_Turek
Nov 11, 2003
Did anyone get any good eclipse photos they can share with us?
BL
bob_lemon
Nov 13, 2003
I have a composit that made from a bunch of pictures I took. I didn’t get as sharp a picture as it looked on the camera display. Here it is anyway.

<http://my.execpc.com/~boblemon/lrgpic/eclipse800x600.jpg>
TB
Terry_Boyles
Nov 13, 2003
Really nice shots Bob!

Terry
GD
Grant_Dixon
Nov 13, 2003
Bob wonderful shot and I love the curve of the moons as apposed to the usual straight line. well done.

g.
J
jhjl1
Nov 13, 2003
That is some very nice work Bob. Thanks for sharing.

Have A Nice Day,
jwh 🙂
My Pictures
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview

wrote in message
I have a composit that made from a bunch of pictures I took. I
didn’t get as sharp a picture as it looked on the camera display. Here it is anyway.
<http://my.execpc.com/~boblemon/lrgpic/eclipse800x600.jpg>
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 13, 2003
Hi Bob, That is a wonderful picture of the eclipse! You caught the best of the whole show! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Jane
BG
Byron_Gale
Nov 13, 2003
Bob,

That’s a beauty!

Thanks for letting me see what was happening on the other side of the clouds…

Byron
BL
bob_lemon
Nov 13, 2003
Thank you all for your kind comments. I shall smile for the rest of the year now.
PD
Pete_D
Nov 14, 2003
Add my praise to both the picture and your composite. Excellent.

Pete
ED
Eva_Deck
Nov 15, 2003
Bob, your photo composite of the eclipse is wonderful. We had a very clear night here in southeast Michigan and enjoyed the show. My 3-year old granddaughter in Wisconsin watched it, too. Would you permit me to make a print of your photo to send to her as a memento? She has had a fascination with the moon since she could first say the word and point to the moon in the sky.
Eva
BL
bob_lemon
Nov 15, 2003
Thanks Pete.

Thanks Eva. You are welcome to make print, especially for a 3yr old. It’s the Grandpa in me. 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections