MS
Posted By
Michael_Simonov
Nov 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have taken a photo and done a drop shadow effect. How do I get rid of the white border that surrounds it. I want to use it on a web page with an unusual blackish type background and want it to be transparent, I guess. Also same issue with another frame effect called scatter, it puts the effect that I want on the photo edge but unless I place the picture with this effect on a white background the white border shows up. Thank you in advance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DS
Darby_Stone
Nov 8, 2003
Michael,

I’m not sure if this will work but it can’t hurt to give it a try.

When you "save image for web", make sure transparent is checked and also that you have chosen a matte color (such as black) which should rid you of the white border.
I hope this helps. 🙂
Beep Beep,
Darby
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 9, 2003
Well, you also need to be saving in a format that supports transparency. JPEGs, for instance, don’t allow anything to be transparent. GIF and some levels of PNG are your best bet for web transparency, although not all browsers understand PNG.

If you need JPG, try filling the background with the color of the page where it’s going.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections