AC
Posted By
Airman_Cooldude
Nov 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The autorun will work, but when you try to install the program, it will try to load, but eventually, nothing will happen. I am guessing the disk it screwed, but do you guys have any suggestions. THanks for the help.

Airman CoOlDuDe 😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 8, 2003
What platform and operating system are you using?
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 8, 2003
Airman,

I hope this won’t insult you, but are you using an Administrator account during install if you are using Win XP?
AC
Airman_Cooldude
Nov 10, 2003
I am running Xp
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 10, 2003
I too don’t mean to insult you but she means if you are not signed in with an Administrator account Win XP will NOT allow you to install ANY programs.
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 10, 2003
Airman,

I see you have a duplicate post on this topic. It gets terribly confusing when someone posts the same question twice and replies are made to both questions. One posting of a question is all that is necessary.
WL
William_Lambrukos
Nov 11, 2003
I have the same problem, and I am signed in as the Administrator The Elements software, and Adobe Photo Deluxe for that matter, both load on my HP P4 2 gig machine perfectly, but neither will load on my new HP P4 3 gig machine. Same company for both PCs. I am at wits-end. It starts to load Installshield and gets to 99%, after that it "freezes" for a sort while, then it drops back to desktop. I have tried everything I can think of, with no luck.

HELP, please!

Bill
WL
William_Lambrukos
Nov 11, 2003
I have posted more information under the duplicate listing. I too have having the exact same problem. I provide a little more detail there.

Bill
RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 11, 2003
William,

A few things worth trying. Make sure that you clean out items left by previous install attempts. Make sure you quit all running apps, espcially virus utilities. If the install fails again, try either installing in Safe Mode or dragging the contents of the install folder from the CD to your desktop and installing from there.

Rich
WL
William_Lambrukos
Nov 11, 2003
AIRMAN, I think I have your answer. Bet you have an HP, or maybe it is a 3 gig problem, but try this. Have you noticed you have had other instances where when you went to install software there seemed to be a lengthy pause, well I did anyway. So, I decided to start the install again, and everything went as before. Sure enough, got to 99% for the install of the installshield, then everything dropped to desktop. But, this time I did NOT remove the CD and move on. I left the CD in the drive and spent the next one to two hours on email and the WEB. Sure enough, sometime after an hour, the screen suddently poped up to continue the install! I then continued the install to conclusion. What a world!

Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections