WE
Posted By
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If you are using a Mac … do you still need this?

Sorry if that sounds a silly question but Byron gave a link to the Adobe site for a download so I went to check it out but when I clicked on the Mac link … it just said "We are sorry the page you wanted to view is no longer here"

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SS
Susan_S.
Nov 7, 2003
Try this one:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2f032.htm> – the link to both mac and windows downloads is there (as well as explanation of why it works!)

Susan S
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 7, 2003
Hi Susan …

Thank for the new link … the explanation was really good. I have just downloaded it and will install it soon.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 7, 2003
Well I installed it … then relaunched Elements. Nothing happened, everything just looks the same ……

Should something happen?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 7, 2003
Wendy, only if you had trouble before. If your images were reddish, say, no matter how much you calibrated your monitor, the plug-in will usually fix that.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 7, 2003
Barbara … Seeing that it has made no discernible difference perhaps it was all OK in the first place. I only really installed it because quite a few threads said it was worth doing, maybe I will now uninstall it.

Thank for all your help
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 7, 2003
Wendy, an option to uninstalling it is to just toggle it off using "Respect EXIF". I believe that when you download ‘Ignore EXIF’ you get ‘Respect EXIF’ with it..
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 8, 2003
Hi Chuck,

This is where I got confused … the read me file that comes with the ignoreEXIF colour space says "Photoshop Elements will continue to ignore the EXIF color space setting in files unless Respect EXIF Color Space is run to restore the normal behavior of Photoshop Elements 2.0." but in the folder there was only the ignoreEXIF colour space and no explanation at all of just how you run the Respect EXIF Color Space … even if I could find it.

any ideas? …
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 8, 2003
I have just been to the Mac download page and there it says "Photoshop Elements will continue to ignore the EXIF color space setting in files unless the plug-in is removed and Photoshop Elements is restarted"

It sounds like the read me file in the Mac version is incorrect and that there is no Respect EXIF Color Space for Macs.

Maybe a Mac user who has it could clarify this …..

Thank for all the help folks
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 8, 2003
Same for me, Wendy, but I would think you could just remove the plug-in from the plug-ins folder.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 8, 2003
Wendy and Barbara: Maybe it’s a Mac vs. PC thing, but the folder I downloaded for Ignore EXIF Color Space has three files in it: Ignore…, Respect…. and ReadMe. I put shortcuts to both Ignore and Respect on my desktop…

Chuck
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 8, 2003
Wendy and Barbara: Sorry for the confusion. It IS a Mac vs. PC thing; the instructions for PC say you use "Respect…" to turn it off, while the instructions for Mac, say you have to remove the plug-in to get it to stop working. Sorry for the confusion…

Chuck
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 8, 2003
Hi, Chuck. Yes, I was just going to post that. It’s just drag and drop on the mac, so it’s also drag and drop to go.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 8, 2003
Thanks Chuck & Barbara, I did a drag & a drop into the bin. It is odd that the read me file that comes in the down loaded folder says something totally different to the site instructions … probably someone used the same read me file for both windows & Mac :).

It sure confused me … thanks for all your help

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections