MB
Posted By
Marlene_Barnes
Nov 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed an Epson Perfection 3200 scanner on my Dell computer running Windows 98 SE. The Adobe program works fine until I try to select a scanning mode. "Automatic" is the default mode, but there is also "Home" and "Professional" mode that would allow for more specific and precise scanner settings. Every time I try to change from "Automatic", however, I get this error message: Photoshopelements caused a general protection fault in module NV4DISP.DRV at 0001:000004a14. Has anyone else experienced and successfully dealt with this problem? Thank you!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Prov
Nov 7, 2003
My guess is that you need a newer version operating system, or at the very least some very recent revisions / plug ins. There’s been so many updates to software since win 98 that you may just have a techno hang up there…. My guess anyway.
SK
Shan_Ko
Nov 7, 2003
Marlene,

I also have the Epson Perfection 3200. I use PSE 2 retail box version and have been scanning in the "Professional Mode" since I bought the unit last May. The PSE 2 I use is a retail box version.

Is it possible the PSE2 you are using the one packaged with the scanner? If so, call Epson Tech Support (rather than Adobe) and get them to help with the problem.

BTW, I use the 3200 more for scanning film rather than document. It’s almost as good as a mid price film scanner.

Good Luck.

Shan

PS:- Please let me know if you have any luck using the packaged cutdown version of the SilverFast scanning software.
EP
Edward_Parker
Nov 16, 2003
I am running a DELL Dimension XPS 300 with Windows 98SE; I recently purchased an EPSON Perfection 3200 Photo scanner and have had no problems scanning photographs, 35mm color slides, or just copying general type documents. I have also used the OCR (Optical Character Recognition) process with great success.

One thing, I keep my Windows 98SE up-to-date with all critical Microsoft fixes installed.

I even went so far as to purchase Windows Home XP in case I wasn’t able to run the scanner on Windows 98SE, but so far I have not had to install it.

I have scanned in over 2,500 photos. I am taking all our photos (and slides), some over fifty years old and creating slideshows for the family. I plan on giving them out (on CD) for Xmas presents to all of our family members.

Ed

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections