ER
Posted By
Ed_Raduns
Nov 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I burn all my pictures to a CD. When bringing up Elements 2 (In fact Photoshop 7 also) it shows pictures that were on a previous CD, not the one in the CD drive. Where is it storing these old pictures and how do I get rid of them?? I am using Windows XP Home Edition and an HP 753n computer,with 512 MB of memory and an 80 GB hard drive. Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dick_Smith
Nov 4, 2003
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 13:28:51 -0800, wrote:

I burn all my pictures to a CD. When bringing up Elements 2 (In fact Photoshop 7 also) it shows pictures that were on a previous CD, not the one in the CD drive. Where is it storing these old pictures and how do I get rid of them??

Are you looking at the File Browser built in to Elements? Is it the same CD with more files added or a new one. In either case I have seen Elements reload the thumbnails from a previous CD. You might try closing the browser and reopening it or just click on the icon for you CD drive again and see if it loads the new images.

HTH

Dick
ER
Ed_Raduns
Nov 4, 2003
Thanks, I’ve already tries that but it still give me the same OLD pictures. When I double click on the old pix, the correct(new) one shows up. Thanks again
Ed
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 4, 2003
Ed, try closing up the my computer icon in the file browser and reopening it. (I’m assuming this is windows?) I’ve noticed that in XP, for me at least, PE tends to remember the old images a bit too well.You can also purge the browser memory from the More button on the file browser window.
G
graficalicus
Nov 4, 2003
it’s reading from a cache – it’s faster for the program to do that than to reload all the images as thumbs each time you select it. It assumes that the same drive/folder will have the same images…. which, believe it or not, is very logical!

i have the same thing happen with other browsers (XnView, for one) – for that particular program, there’s a "refresh" icon, which deletes the old thumbs and reloads fresh from the disk – you could also try right-clicking (PC only) in the browser (but not on a thumb – select an "empty" area) and selecting the refresh option – if available….

Again, I haven’t tried this – just a thought….

<mike>
http://digiart.graficalicus.com/index.php
ER
Ed_Raduns
Nov 5, 2003
Thanks guys, with your help I fould the cure. In the rectangular window that shows you where your browsing, there is an arrow head at the end of the window. Click this "head" and a dropdown ask if you want to refresh or "CLEAR CACHE", clear and were reading the current disk. Thanks again for all the input.
DS
Dick_Smith
Nov 5, 2003
Thanks guys, with your help I fould the cure. In the rectangular window that shows you where your browsing, there is an arrow head at the end of the window. Click this "head" and a dropdown ask if you want to refresh or "CLEAR CACHE", clear and were reading the current disk. Thanks again for all the input.
Ed, Thanks for posting your solution. It’ll no doubt help someone else in the future.

Dick

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections