Posted By
Sandra_Crozier
May 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi experts,

help! I have an Epson 2000p, am running the Mac software version 10.3.2 and Photoshop version 7. I am unable to get a good print on the printer. I have calibrated the monitor, have downloaded the latest available drivers from Epson for the printer. I have cleaned the heads and run nozzle checks 9 times (as recommended by Epson), am using Epson paper and Epson ink. When I print from Photoshop am using Adobe RGB as the source profile and use the required ICC profiles for the paper I am using. When printing I do not color adjust but just allow the profiles to do their thing.
I am getting a GREEEN cast on the prints. i have tried to do color adjustments on output and still have a GREEN cast. I have heard that this particular printer has a green cast in the ink…I am really sick of this…
any suggestions.
thanks, Sandy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GB
g_ballard
May 20, 2004
View in daylight = green cast
View in normal house lights = no green cast

SEARCH metamerism on google.com
The 2000 Epson ink is known for that issue:

Looks okay in tungsten, looks dingy green in daylight (or okay in daylight, magenta in tungsten)

Sorry…

Maybe your workflow is contributing, too?
<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html>
R
Ram
May 20, 2004
Sandra,

Read through the link provided by G Ballard and…

running the Mac software version 10.3.2 and Photoshop version 7

Make sure you have updated to Photoshop 7.0.1 (mandatory) and OS X 10.3.3 (highly recommended).

Also, make sure you are using the Adobe Engine for color conversion in Photoshop (not Apple’s). Generally, follow the advice in the above link religiously.
SC
Sandra_Crozier
May 20, 2004
looks generally green..especially in daylight.
thanks for the info on workflow, i’ll check everything again and retry. very valuable info. sandy
SC
Sandra_Crozier
May 20, 2004
have concerns in upgrading to 10.3.3….first when i go to epson’s website to download the profiles for the 2000p, the profile shows that it is for versions up to 10.2 for the mac… my concern is are these profiles upwardly compatable.
if i had the epson 2200…the profiles are for 10.3.x. which is fine for the 2200 printer, but for the 2000p..the operating system appears to be version 10.2.x for the MAC…
do you know if profiles that have been created for version 10.2.x will work on 10.3.x ? sandy
PF
Peter_Figen
May 20, 2004
The profiles should work in any system. They are not system dependent.Epson is, well, Epson.
GB
g_ballard
May 20, 2004
Wasn’t sure if the metamerism or workflow was the problem but the 2000 inks are one heaviest metamerism inks around…don’t know if you can switch to third-party inks, but you may want to ask around (or search google.com web & groups)…

The 2200 is also "archival" but the newer inks only have a slight metamerism. Also, the 4000…
SC
Sandra_Crozier
May 20, 2004
had thought about switching inks as i had heard metamerism was a real problem with the 2000 inks. i am now trying to adjust via an adjustment layerwith a neutral image and not getting much further. might just check into third party inks. or buy a new printer %^( thanks, sandy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections