BB
Posted By
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Since it looks like I am going to have to zero out my hard drive to fix my monitor problems I have been thinking about installing os 9 on my LaCie d2, since I do still need 9 to run Finale. I still have a copy of PE 1 around, mostly for some old filters that won’t run in X and I was wondering if it would run okay if I installed it there instead of keeping a bootable 9 system on the main drive. Anyone know?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 4, 2003
Barbara,

We test installs on secondary partitions, but not on a remote drive. Just check it out before you zero out your hard drive. Also remember that Elements will right prefs etc to the system folder. Alternately you can run it in classic mode from X without a bootable full version of 9.

Rich
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 4, 2003
Thanks, Rich. I’ve never had good luck running PE 1 in classic, for some reason. Tend to get the blank gray menubars and so on.

Other nine apps like finale are running just swell on the LaCie with so much more room to play, so I’ll give it a try and see.
RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 4, 2003
Barbara,

The trick with running PSE1 in classic is to launch classic first and then launch Elements. That usually solves the type of problem you are describing.

Rich
RG
Reg_Genola
Apr 9, 2004
Someone is trying to sell me Illistrator 4.1 in the box, Academic version. Will this run on Win XP?
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 9, 2004
Ask in the Illy forum.

Mac

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections