Posted By
icthings
May 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Gang

I work in a high-end pre-press house, we use Fuji, Kodak and Luxel proofing systems for our proofs. There are on average about $100,000.00 for these devices. We also use a Fuji Pictro on occasion for quick ‘cheapie’ proofs if required.

Just wondered if any of you can suggest a smaller , MUCH less expensive proofing system that give you accurate CMYK printouts. It would be great if they could print out at a size of at least 12" x 18" . Something that would be suitable in a small studio situation.

I would like to avoid the injets, in particular the Epsons as they seem to require constant maintainance, particulary if they are not used often.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, icthings

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PF
Peter_Figen
May 19, 2004
If all you need is a 12 X 18, then get an Epson 2200. With custom profiles it’s easy to make it match whatever other printing or proofing system you want, and there is virtually no maintenance aside from cleaning the print heads once in a while. If you need larger prints, then consider the new Epson 4000.
GB
g_ballard
May 19, 2004
I would like to avoid the injets

Well that narrows the field…
R
Ram
May 19, 2004
😀
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 19, 2004
crayons.
T
Todie
May 19, 2004
Pictro is worse than Epson.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections