AT
Posted By
A.Translator
Nov 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been following the discussion in this group about the use of two monitors with interest. It was focused on the Mac since that was the system the OP asked about, but I – as a mere but quite happy Windows user – would like to use two monitors too.

My graphics card is a Nvidia Ge Forced4 MX 420, which – I think – should be OK with two monitors, but I would still like some more info.

Do I need additional software?
How do I get pallettes from screen A to screen B?
Or does this all work like magic?

Thanks!

Groet, Adriana.
[Gravity is a myth. The Earth sucks.]

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Nov 3, 2003
The first thing you ought to do is visit nVidia’s website and see if your videocard odes support dual monitors.

wrote in message
I have been following the discussion in this group about the use of two monitors with interest. It was focused on the Mac since that was the
system
the OP asked about, but I – as a mere but quite happy Windows user – would like to use two monitors too.

My graphics card is a Nvidia Ge Forced4 MX 420, which – I think – should
be
OK with two monitors, but I would still like some more info.
Do I need additional software?
How do I get pallettes from screen A to screen B?
Or does this all work like magic?

Thanks!

Groet, Adriana.
AT
A.Translator
Nov 3, 2003
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:53:15 -0800, wrote:

The first thing you ought to do is visit nVidia’s website and see if your videocard odes support dual monitors.

As far as I understand the techno speak, I think dual monitors are supported. I was hoping someone could confirm this and explain about the practicalities.

Groet, Adriana.
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Nov 3, 2003
Since yu want to make certain first (which is an excellent idea), I’d suggest contacting your computer manufacturer if the video card was part of the original configuration. If it was an add-in by you or someone else, contact the video card manufacturer.

Gotta love the web for the ability to contact these people! 😉

wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:53:15 -0800, wrote:

The first thing you ought to do is visit nVidia’s website and see if
your
videocard odes support dual monitors.

As far as I understand the techno speak, I think dual monitors are supported. I was hoping someone could confirm this and explain about the practicalities.

Groet, Adriana.
RC
Richard_Coencas
Nov 3, 2003
Adriana,

Usually it is as simple as right-clicking your desktop and choosing properties. If you have two displays connected you should see the choice somewhere to have dual monitors set up. It can be in the Settings>Advanced>Monitor area or in the tab for your video card (Nvidia for example). There may be some options for how you want the desktop to be displayed. Once set up, when you launch Elements you should be able to simply drag your palettes over to the second monitor and use the main monitor for the image.

As others have indicated, the exact setup can vary by video card, so a trip to the website of your card supplier is a good idea, but if your card supports it, it is not terribly difficult.

Note: I haven’t done this in a while, so my steps might not be perfect, but they should cover it approximately.

Rich
AT
A.Translator
Nov 4, 2003
On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:14:09 -0800, wrote:

Once set up, when you launch Elements you should be able to simply drag your palettes over to the second monitor and use the main monitor for the image.

That would really be great.
I use an e-book to teach myself and would love to have that on the second monitor as well, but perhaps that is too much to ask?

I have look up my card and downloaded the latest drivers: there definitely was talk of a dual set up there, but I cannot get the display back – never mind, that is not an issue for this group, I’ll ask Nvidia.

Thank you all: without this group the idea that one might use two monitors had not even entered my mind!

Groet, Adriana.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections