Posted By
faye_perriam
May 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I keep getting this message
"could not save as ….. because that file is already open." Of course the file is open, I wouldn’t be trying to save it if it were closed!! No matter what name I give the file it still won’t let me save it. This usually happens when more than one file is open, and the only way I can save the image is to close the other images first, thus losing any work I may have done on them. Is this a design fault or am I missing something really simple?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
May 31, 2005
What version of PS? What version of Windows?

Bob
DM
Don_McCahill
May 31, 2005
I’m not sure about your problem, but here is another workaround that will prevent you from having to close other files. When Save does not work, use Save As, and save to a different name. Even adding a number to the end of the old name should allow you to save without closing other files.

Don
CP
Claude_Paquin
May 31, 2005
I have this same problem (in Windows 2000 and PS 7) Every once in a while, two hours ago the last time, it happens to me and all i can do is quitting the app. Not very pleasant!
Of course we try to give different names with save as!

ClaPaq
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 1, 2005
removing the psicon.dll for version 7 solves this, but you lose the ability to view psd thumbnails in windows explorer. it’s an explorer bug.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections