M
Posted By
michellecheng
Nov 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded different filters, but I don’t know how to load them into photoshop.

would someone please help me? thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 3, 2003
I am pretty new at this, but I followed my instructor’s info, and it worked perfectly with my new Flaming Pear filters. Mac. but PC is the same.
First, download the new filters, then make a new folder on your hd called ‘plugins’. Then in PSE go to edit>preferences>plugins and scratch disks. Then check the ‘additional plugins directory’ checlbox, then click the choose button. Navigate to your new plugins folder, highlight it and click OK.
Exit the preferences, and close and restart PSE and they should be there at the bottom of your filter menu.

I should be practising doing this with more filters. As I have only done this twice. There will be more posts coming from the experts here. And there are probably other ways to add filters.
Oh, I do love the filters!
Jane
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 3, 2003
Michelle,

If they have the extension .8BF and you are using Windows, just navigate to the PSE Plug-Ins folder and drag them into the folder.
J
jhjl1
Nov 3, 2003
It depends on what filters you downloaded, many can be used as described by Jane and Nancy but there are others which must be installed just like any program.

Have A Nice Day,
jwh 🙂
My Pictures
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
wrote in message
I downloaded different filters, but I don’t know how to load
them into photoshop.
would someone please help me? thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections