Posted By
barry_eisenberg
Nov 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear Forum Member:

I am new to photoshop elements and I could use some help. I am trying to draw a clear glass container with something inside, specifically a gold fish bowl.
Can anyone recommend some tutorial material on
1. How to draw glass containers so that they look realistic.
2. In general, how to draw 3 dimensional figures using elements
that look good and have proper shades and lighting.
Can anyone recommend some modestly priced software plug-ins that can make life easier on me.

Thank you.
Barry. R. Eisenberg

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
Nov 3, 2003
Barry,

That’s a tall order! Drawing/painting a fish bowl with proper perspective and tones isn’t something someone could just outline for you. Your success at drawing/painting said item would depend on your artistic ability. When I need "items" to include in my images, I usually look through my archived photos and select it from there, or else I do a search on Google (in their image section). However, for glass effects and other techniques, a search using Advanced Google and inputting Photoshop, technique/tips/tutorial and for the third category whatever it is you’re trying to find (like, "glass effect").

You could look on the Adobe Studio Exchange website for things. Everything there is free. People create things and put them on that site for others to download and use. Just beware, not all things for full Photoshop work on Elements.

edit–You might want to search not using Photoshop as a search word also. Focusing more on sites for freehand drawing and sketching.
BE
Bob_E._Warren
Nov 3, 2003
Take a look at Steve Caplin’s book ‘How to cheat in Photoshop’. He has a section on creating glass (p. 124).
Bob Warren

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections