Modifying text in images with Photoshop ?

DC
Posted By
Daniel_CS_Tan
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any idea how to do this since I heard it was possible – say I have an scanned image with text in it – say the words ‘Blue’ in a certain font, I would like to change those words to the words ‘Red’ in the same exact font and font size. Any idea how to do this and which function do I invoke in Photoshop ? Please help thanks !

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 29, 2005
you need an OCR program (optical caracter recognition) and the exact same font installed on your computer.
DM
Don_McCahill
May 29, 2005
Pierre

Most OCR will not read type on a coloured background, and seldom will specify the size of the font.

Daniel

In my opinion, you have been misled. (Unless of course you are dealing with an unflattened Photoshop file.)

What you can do in Photoshop is clone out the existing words, and then use the normal typing tools to create new words. You will have to have the exact same font on your machine. If you do, it is easy to get the exact size by making a new text layer in that font, and then testing sizes until they match the old words exactly. Then you remove the old words, and type in the new ones.

Don
ML
Mike_Logan
May 29, 2005
A scanned image is going to be flattened, and will (depending on the complexity of the background) require some serious cloning or re-constructive art work to eliminate the text. Replacing it is a doddle.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections