S
Posted By
smoothmoon
May 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
thank you pierre and others for your help. i removed and reinstalled photoshop cs and canon imagebrowser. that improved things a bit. then i went through the steps on the link that pierre led me to. particularly reducing the hardware velocity seems to have taken care of most of the problem, though since i have had this computer for over a year, i don’t know why anything like that would have changed. not knowledgeable enough for that.

it appears that the patterns appeared only when we tried to drag a photo image from one page to another. that is when the barcode and other patterns appeared; on both pages, by the way. we have been able to correct most of the images now by recreating them from the material we had before doing any dragging.

thank you everyone for your help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 29, 2005
If things works better with hardware acceleration reduced, it usually means that your videocard drivers have a problem.

Do check if a newer one is available.

"though since i have had this computer for over a year, i don’t know why anything like that would have changed"

The best analogy I always have is a car: before it had a problem, it worked ok 🙂
KS
Karla_Scarff
May 31, 2005
I am reading the posts from the past few days and hoping that I can resolve the barcode problem. My problem seems to be identical to Smoothmoon’s, however, so I am hoping that I can fix it the way he/she did.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections