Preserve spotcolor channel in TIFF for QXPress possible?

WV
Posted By
wa_veghel
May 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Working with InDesign I had no problems with spotcolor TIFF and PSD files. I need to reuse this documnet however for use in QXPress. So I saved it as a TIFF and made sure that ‘Spotcolor channel’ was on in the save dialog.
This TIFF works fine in InDesign, however the complete spotcolor channel disappears when this TIFF is placed in QXPress.
Any suggestions how to make this work?
Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NK
Neil_Keller
May 16, 2004
wa

What if you save the image as .eps?

Neil
B
Buko
May 16, 2004
For spot color you need to save as DCS2.

also make sure the spot color has the exact name as the color in Quark
NK
Neil_Keller
May 16, 2004
<dope slap>

Of course!

Neil
JK
John_Kallios
May 16, 2004
What you also can do is place the tif in a new InDesign CS document the same size as the image centered on the page. Make sure the pms name only has a C or U and not cvc or cvu and so on.

Export eps from InDesign. Place that exported eps into Quark and now you have a eps that will retain spot color and also work in a composite workflow.

Cons: For edits, you will need to edit the tif, update the link in the InDesign document and re-export a new eps image to be updated in your Quark document.

Pros: It will work with a composite workflow.

Note: make sure the pms name matches exactly the name in Quark.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 16, 2004
Tiff with spots is not supported in Quark.
WV
wa_veghel
May 17, 2004
Thank you all for your answer, very helpful!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections