T
Posted By
ToddBerk
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I remember reading that CS2 has an out of focus filter. How do I attempt to sharpen the image of one person in a picture that is somewhat out of focus?

Thanks,
Todd

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

LM
Lynch_Mike
May 28, 2005
try the sharpen tool?
D
deebs
May 28, 2005
It depends upon how sophisticated a solution you want to use.

Picasa 2 (I seem to recall) will do what you want for free but then there are the constraints of doing it as the program insists.

And, to be fair, it really is a wonderful feature for sure.

I don’t know your skills orn experience so apologies if this is well-known to you but in Photoshop a nice result can be obtained by selecting and saving foreground, mid ground and background to separate layers.

Each layer may be tweaked (sharpened, blurred, color shifted, … ) as required. It does take skill but after a few hours of daily practice I guess one will be pretty skilled at it after a week or two

ps – Gaussian blur and the other blur effects tend to emulate ‘out of focus’ sharpen seems to try to emulat ‘ in focus’
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
May 31, 2005
www.focusmagic.com
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 1, 2005
Smart Sharpen in CS2.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections