RK
Posted By
Rylan_Knightstep
May 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m an IT tech on a network at my work. We have about 5 people using Adobe CS currently. I was told today that two of them are having a problem of when they log out, Photoshop and GoLive reset their workspaces. They are also unable to load saved workspaces after they log off and back on. These are the only two having the problem and I’m unable to recreate the problem myself. Anyone have some ideas?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
May 27, 2005
make sure they have the following permissions:

Ian Lyons, "Required permissions for Photoshop (7.0.x and CS on Windows)" #1, 5 Jun 2004 1:31 pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
RK
Rylan_Knightstep
May 27, 2005
They are admins on their machines, they have full access to all files. Could there be something else doing it? Also, at times their Photoshop or GoLive crash. It’s not during a specific process, sometimes when they’re uploading files to a workstation, sometimes when printing, etc… It seems completely random. That doesn’t seem to happen real often though. Pretty much they just want that workstation fixed.
L
LenHewitt
May 28, 2005
Rylan,

They just told me the program crashes when they use the magic wand tool.<<

Could be video driver. As a diagnostic have them turn down hardware acceleration to zero and see if that helps.
RK
Rylan_Knightstep
May 31, 2005
Well, it still did it… narrowed it down to a new problem though.

Their workspace is fine now.

They crash when they select the marquee tool, then try to fill a selected item (selected with the marquee tool) with the paint bucket tool.

Turning the video performance setting down did not help, nor did updating the video drivers. Any more ideas?

(I really appreciate the help.)
RK
Rylan_Knightstep
May 31, 2005
Oh by "crash" I mean just the running program, not the whole system.
RK
Rylan_Knightstep
May 31, 2005
And that’s the magic wand tool, not marquee.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 1, 2005
apply the multiprocessor update for cs available from the adobe photoshop download area.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections