S
Posted By
smoothmoon
May 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
have photoshop cs. recently an image that sometimes looks like a bar code has appeared on some of my saved images. particularly when i flatten the image, the bar code will appear, change location or sometimes disappear. when i have tried to fill it on black images it won’t fill, which leads me to suspect that it acts like a layer that i cannot see. it has also appeared on top of imported photo images that appear either red, blue or yellow.

HELP!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
Gustavo_Del_Vechio
May 27, 2005
Hello, friend…

Take a photo with a digital camera. Open it in photoshop without use another program

Verify if have the bar code too…

After, write again…
S
smoothmoon
May 27, 2005
hi gustavo: this condition is also happening in areas that are not photographs.

thank you

martin
GD
Gustavo_Del_Vechio
May 27, 2005
Smoothmoon,

I just told to you see in image with digital cameras, because i dont remember, for example what digimarc does in an image….
In other words, I told this could be a watermark, but now I dont think so….

"layer that cannot see" —> I would discart. I do not think could be… Do you have other programs which work with photos??? They display the bar codes too??? or only photoshop does????

Waiting….
KS
Karla_Scarff
May 27, 2005
I have the same problem and it’s driving me nuts. The barcode appear when I add layers or click on the image. It’s different colors and appears and reappears if I click somewhere else in the image.
L
LenHewitt
May 27, 2005
Karla,

That sounds like a video card problem. As a diagnostic, try turning down hardware acceleration to zero. If that helps, you definitely need an updated video driver.
DM
dave_milbut
May 27, 2005
Methinks it’s vid card hardware or memory Len… doesn’t sound like a driver error.

Chris Cox – 01:17pm Feb 7, 2003 Pacific (#7 of 15)

If you zoom in and they go away, it’s probably the video card.

If you zoom in and out and they change, it’s probably bad RAM.

If the image looks fine, you save it, then reload it and it’s corrupted – then it’s probably the hard disk.
S
smoothmoon
May 27, 2005
in answer to gustavo’s suggestion, i did upgrade my canon imagebrowser software recently, around that same time this problem began. karla, do you have similar software?
S
smoothmoon
May 27, 2005
additionally, there are conditions where i can actually see the pattern in my little preview screen below the file listing, but when i open the image into photoshop i can’t see it.

with regard to zooming in and out, when i zoom either way it will change from line to dash, but keeping the same overall line pattern. if i zoom way in, it disappears.

with regard to what i said in the previous message about my imagebrowser, i have checked the original photo images and don’t seem to see anything. however, these do seem to be stealth patterns. is there actually something about invisible layers?

there is one file where a barcode pattern appeared, it overlapped the photo and text areas of the overall image (in other words it appears partially on top of the photo and partially below it). that was a .psd file. when we flattened it and saved it as .jpg, it changed location on the image, moved away from the photo, and also changed to a series of very short vertical dashes.
DM
dave_milbut
May 27, 2005
did you read my post? the stuff i quoted from chris cox is from an adobe engineer.
S
smoothmoon
May 27, 2005
hi dave: yes i did read your note. thank you. you can see what happened above in my reply no. 8. but basically both happened. when i zoomed way in, it did disappear but i didn’t know if that was just because of the smaller scale or because of the problems mentioned. when i zoomed out the image did change, but i think that was just because of the change in pixel size.

does ram actually go bad? i have had this computer for about a year without problems.
DM
dave_milbut
May 27, 2005
does ram actually go bad?

yup.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections