JL
Posted By
jann_lipka
May 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I wonder if there is some way to apply keywords attached to one file to some other files ( in the same folder ) .
I work in File Browser .
Normally i would have like 3 images that could use the same keywords/ description .

What I´m looking for is some command saying
" apply " keywords from first selected document" or similar .

It seems stupid to do this manually .

There is such a function in IView Media Pro ,
but it has bad support for large PSD files …

Append metadata and apply metadata are suspects ,
but seems to be some of those great mysteries of CS ,
beeing greyed out in FB 🙂
regards

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AK
ashley_karyl
May 14, 2004
I do this all the time and its very simple, but you have to go to file info. All you have to do is put all the key words onto one image using file info and then save the file somewhere on your hard disk. Make sure that the title of the image is not included.

Next record an action, where you "append" that same file to an open document and then just press OK and stop recording the action. Finally you run an automated batch command on the specified folder and select the option to save and close. As an automated action you can race through dozens of images very quickly indeed.
JL
jann_lipka
May 15, 2004
Ashley ,
I finally gave up on "keywording " in PS , the same operations are much easier ( for me ) in I View Media Pro …
I´m sure action solution is OK ,
but it is som much easier to ( in IVMP ) to select images in thumbnail view and just choose "paste keyword set " from the menu . One click only .
Regards .
AK
ashley_karyl
May 15, 2004
I agree that batch key wording could be improved with Photoshop CS. With fields like caption writer or author etc you can select a large number of images and then apply the changes of one image to all the rest in 2 seconds so I am certain this could be done with key words too, but no doubt that will be in Photoshop 9.

Until recently, I have never had to worry about key wording and software like iview never really seemed that essential as long as I named my files in a way that made sense and placed them in logical folders. Now that’s all changing and I may take a look at ivew. Perhaps the biggest problem is when key words and descriptions remain embedded in the file, but mysteriously get lost when they are uploaded by a stock agency for online viewing, so we have to make excel spread sheets and send them separately.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections