Posted By
Peg_Price
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I’m having a new problem and am hoping someone can tell me what I can do to correct it. For a long time now I’ve been opening my images in iView Media and doing corrections on the images: The colors look vibrant and true.
Now, all of a sudden, when I choose "Save for the Web" to transfer them to my pbase.com gallery, they appear washed out. Dramatically different appearance to the image. And when I place them in the pbase.com gallery they appear less bright than they did in iView Media.

The only thing I’ve done recently is tweak with a couple settings that Scottt Kelby in his Digital Photography book suggested doing. I wouldn’t think changing a couple numbers in the ADJUSTMENTS and AUTO COLOR sections would make the image suddenly wash out.

I’m on a G4 and using 10.2.8 and using PS7.
Are there settings on my monitor that could have gotten changed?? Or there a setting in PS7 I can look at? This is very puzzling and I’d sure appreciate any suggestions on how to correct it.
Thanks.
Peg

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PP
Peg_Price
May 14, 2004
Thanks for the link. I read through it and made a couple changes in my Color Settings. I’ll see how it looks on new photos. At a first run, the colors don’t seem to be as washed out as previously.
Thanks again.
Peg

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections