PS
Posted By
paul_street
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
ive had this problem for ages, but it hasn’t always been like this. dunno what ive done wrong! old documents print out the correct size. anything new i create eg. A4 picture will come out from the printer and preview window about the size of a playing card! its the same for any size. its not anything wrong with the image size or pixles. as soon as i preview the image its tiny, and i cant just stretch it to fill the paper as i’d never get the exact print size i want. please help.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
May 12, 2004
Determine pixel count along height and width dimensions.

Divide those numbers by the document’s pixels/inch (or pixels/cm) setting.

This is the manual way to determine final size in inches (or centimeters)

Make sure your "Print" dialogue is set to 100%.
PS
paul_street
May 12, 2004
yeah the pixels are right and it says its 100%

ive used photoshop for years and ive never had this problem on a pc
P
Phosphor
May 12, 2004
What does "Print with Preview" demonstrate to you?
AB
Alison_Bailey
May 22, 2004
I too have been having trouble. I can print one photo by it self to the right size. I like creating a new document and dragging my photos on it to print at one time. I have done this for years. I have a epson 5500, and epson C82. When I create my "run sheet", print preview looks right, view at pixel and view to print size all right, when it prints it is smaller by half or so.
Help, Help, Help.
P
Phosphor
May 22, 2004
Hmm…

I haven’t had any problems, and haven’t read enough about problems others are having so that I could offer a solution.

Sorry, wish I could help more than just floating this thread up in the index in hopes that others will see it.
AB
Alison_Bailey
May 27, 2004
Okay, I am a dog with a bone. I re-installed my operating system, no fix, through out my pref files for Photoshop and epson, no fix, re-installed my printer software, no fix, then, like a mad scientist, re-installed photo shop. That fixed the printing problem!!!!! I also noted that when the printer was re-installed, it stated that my ruler was not connected, weird, I had been using it.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections