Posted By
Peter_McNeill
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
May 24, 2005
<Pour some saccharine on me>"Tra-la-la-la-la, everything’s perfect in AdobeLand"</Pour some saccharine on me>

::retch:: Gimme a break!!
PM
Peter_McNeill
May 24, 2005
Ok… I just mean what the topic says. Are there issues with the new cs, sure, but they come through. Heck far back as v4 you’d hear "it broke this, it broke that" but it got fixed. Think of what it’s like for them now, systems with every which motherboard, graphic card, memory, software installed etc. …. so if complainers can code better, write your own photoshop. The computer world has got more complex since say v4. Not to say I’m problem free but I know a patch will come out. Realize it’s not all Adobe’s fault, even a patch update from MS can effect programs or vid drivers or… the list goes on. Yo8u know you could always switch to MS Picture It *snicker*.
PM
Peter_McNeill
May 24, 2005
Phospor that’s fine, if you can go through the millions of lines of code and fix the problems, please do….. i’ll even give you a box of cookies.
P
Phosphor
May 24, 2005
Just like on any product forum, the preponderance of messages are going to be about problems.

"…so if complainers can code better, write your own photoshop." That is plain idiocy, and you know it.

But hey, you can feel free to blow all the warm breezes up skirts as you’d like.
RH
r_harvey
May 25, 2005
…if you can go through the millions of lines of code and fix the problems, please do…

Of course that’s what Adobe programmers signed on to do, so that’s why customers expect them to do it. That’s why we pay their salaries.

Let’s have a Give Adobe’s Honest Customers A Break Day, and make it the one day when Adobe doesn’t assume that customers are all thieves and must need a little help to stay honest.
RH
r_harvey
May 25, 2005
Well, that was certainly a bitter post. I guess it’ll stand, even though I do not like doing kneejerk reactions like that. I’m sorry, but the topic was flamebait, just screaming for that sort of a response. I’ll be nicer next time.

I do love using several Adobe products. I still remember the feelings I used to have when a new upgrade was waiting on the porch. It’s a wonderful memory.
QP
Q_Photo
May 25, 2005
No one loves Photoshop and appreciates it any MORE than I do. At the same time, I have to say that I still haven’t seen a “fix” for the flaky REactivation problem in CS. And, now that CS2 is out, I am absolutely sure that there will never be a fix for it. So don’t tell me that Adobe cares.

Photoshop is a great program and the people that make it possible, such as Chris Cox and all the others, that write the program are very, very, very intelligent people. But I don’t think that they are the ones that came up with this stupid REactivatiopn. Adobe did.

Do I blame Chris and the others for defending Adobe? No, not at all. You do not bite the hand that feeds you.

I am confident, that in time, most or all, of the complaints concerning CS2 will be corrected. Will I rush out to buy it? No, because I am still bitter over the REactivation issue in CS.

I think that Adobe is following George Bush’s lead; “I don’t make mistakes”. Sorry, I don’t mean to get political, but it was the best example I could come up with.

Peace,
Q
J
johnkissane3
May 25, 2005
Somebody should go and open up the window. Let the fresh air in. And smell the flowers (not on the screen). Take a break.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
May 25, 2005
Photoshop is da bomb.
Y
YrbkMgr
May 25, 2005
Rather than give them a break, I’m buying (or trying to) a five seat license. I say, let them give me a break, eh?

Tell ya what, they give me a break, and I’ll give them a break. We’ll call it "Operation Reciprocity". There, that’s a plan isn’t it?
GD
glen_deman
May 25, 2005
<C3PO>Oh dear, this isn’t going well at all…</C3PO>
RB
Robert_Barnett
May 25, 2005
I don’t think Adobe did with CS1. It still has a bad lag time from the time the screen comes up and the time it will respond your mouse clicks. It still forgets directories when you save files, having to constantly keep navigating to the same directory over and over again because it has Alzheimer’s is not fun. There are many problems with CS1, sure they are small. But, Adobe didn’t both to patch them.

Why should we give them a break, they never give us one.

Robert
JJ
Jerry_Jensen
May 25, 2005
Adobe doesn’t need a break. We buy their products and pay their employees wages. If we get a product that isn’t what we want, we should bitch. Adobe appears to project the image that "we put it out there and if you purchase it, great! Just don’t expect us to support or listen to you once we have your money". Adobe has an image problem with it’s current customers, that is all. That has been the downfall of a number of software companies. Personally, I like Adobe products but often wonder how much longer the "bells and whistles" can justify $150 upgrades. It’s just the company attitude that bothers me.
Y
YrbkMgr
May 25, 2005
Just don’t expect us to support or listen to you once we have your money".

I can’t say I agree with that at all. Adobe’s sponsored this board and engineers visit here. They may not jump to attention every time a user has a problem, but you can bet yer arse that when they spot a problem, it gets noted.

Adobe has an image problem with it’s current customers, that is all.

Again, not in my book. Wouldn’t it be great if they did everything I liked, and nothing I didn’t like? They make the best, most comprehensive, most well supported software in its class. Me? I need it. I skipped upgrading to CS1 (wisely I might add), but now I have two feature sets to look forward to for my upgrade price. It all depends on how you look at it.

But that does not mean that they should not have their feet held to the fire for performance, stability, etc.

how much longer the "bells and whistles" can justify $150 upgrades

I can’t complain that a company wants to invest R&D dollars into a product (and have their reputation at stake with every release), add features that they hear (in this forum among others) users want or that add innovative functionality, and then ask the users (and resellers) to pay for it.

<shrug>
C
chrisjbirchall
May 25, 2005
Just don’t expect us to support or listen to you once we have your money"

Have to disagree I’m afraid. The Bridge team in particular have been very responsive on these forums, both in terms of acknowledging problems and listening to feature requests.

I reckon Bridge 1.1, when it’s released, will make you eat those words.
DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
May 25, 2005
C’mon folks, Adobe is one of the most responsive companies to put out professional grade software. You don’t see Micro$oft responding to customers with a board like this one, do you? I’m a Micro$oft Authorized Partner or Reseller or something like that, and I’m not aware of any forum like this where they respond to the customers.

Count yourself lucky that you have a product from a company that at lest takes the time to listen to the end user.
QP
Q_Photo
May 25, 2005
“C’mon folks, Adobe is one of the most responsive companies to put out professional grade software”.

Well they certainly haven’t responded with a fix for their goofy REactivation in CS, and it’s been out for more than 18 months. Listening to me complain and doing something to fix the problem are two different things.

I’ve never had a problem with Window XP Activation.

I already said I love Photoshop and I do appreciate this forum being provided by Adobe.
D
duckster
May 25, 2005
You think Adobe customer support is non-responsive? Take a trot over to CorelDraw forums. The boyz n girlz coding up in the great white north have with each successive version bloated up beyond recognition what used to be a fairly nimble piece of software. Complaints? Down the black hole they go and if they do respond it’s usually to say that each successive version’s bugs are part of the legacy code and to fix would mean a complete rewrite.

Fortunately, as in this forum, there are many people who have likely forgotten more than I’ll ever know so I am grateful that there are many kind and patient users willing to lend a hand to those of us still learning.

Peace, out.

Kelly Kirsch
TI
Thomas_Ireland
May 25, 2005
Maybe some don’t agree with Q Photo that Adobe has an image problem with the customers. I certainly do! Adobe products are great, but I’ve seen that Adobe is not worth my money any more.

The flaky re-activation issue that Adobe absolutely refuses to fix has caused many Adobe supporters to jump ship.

More than a year ago, we were told there was no problem with the re-cactivation scheme. Then a year a ago we were told Adobe is not ignoring us, that maybe they were working on a fix but just haven’t let us in on it yet.

Get real! It seems to be banking on Acrobat to be its flagship program, and has decided not to support PSCS.

It’s not just me, because others I know and maybe even the company here at work that sees Adobe in a different light, and not a favorable one at that
Y
YrbkMgr
May 25, 2005
Well, I haven’t used CS yet and will be getting CS2. If the issue is providing a fix/patch/update to CS1’s activation to make it work like it does in CS2, then I have to say, that I agree – that’s just bad. If they’ve found a way to solve activation issues with the new release, they should share it with loyal customers who may skip an upgrade or two.

But as far as I’m aware, really, everything else about Adobe’s responsiveness has been top notch.

Having said that, I’m assuming that the activation issues have gone away with CS2 – I don’t know that to be true yet.
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
May 25, 2005
Never had a problem with re-activation, and we have rebuilt my machine twice with major component (motherboard and CPU upgrades) changes!

Also have done a major suite installation via imaging on college computer lab and had no activation problems….

Went as smooth as silk!

Ask my DHL man how quickly I ripped the PSCS2 delivery out of his hand…he didn’t even have time to get out of the truck!!!

If you guys had done photo manipulation back in the old days of rubylith and exacto knives you would be MUCH MORE APPRECIATIVE of what you can do now vs. then!!!!Because of ADOBE, ya punks!

YEA! A-D-O-B-E!
G
Gener
May 25, 2005
I like their upgrade policy. It’s getting full Photoshop for $150 instead of $300 or $200. That’s kept my business.

Gene
P
povimage
May 26, 2005
Ok.. I THOUGHT the re-activation isssue was pretty bogus..

Until recently when my copy refused to re-activated after a drive crash. I had to call Adobe and do it manually with a tech rep! Oh, and he couldn’t say that it was unlikely I would have to do this every time I needed to re-activate now!!

What if it was during "no live support" hours? Or on the weekend? Nah, IT and Graphics Professionals NEVER work strange hours!

It is reasonably forseeable that could happen… Yet ADOBE refuses to fix it..

NOT GOOD!

Keith
P
povimage
May 26, 2005
Did I mention they tried to suggest I buy CS2?!!

Yeah, I’ll pay $150 to upgrade SIMPLY because their implementation of copy protection in CS was an abject failure… Sounds fair to me… NOT!

Keith
TI
Thomas_Ireland
May 26, 2005
Provimage, don’t feel bad thinking the re-activation issue was bogus… Adobe seems to think some of their loyal customers are bogus. That’s why they have decided they don’t need their business any more.

It’s been mentioned here that you should keep a previous version installed on your machine in case you can’t run CS due to activation problems.

Would you really buy a new car if the dealer told you you needed to keep the old one for the times when the new one wouldn’t start? And, if for some reason you had bought the new car without trading in the old and became aware of the new car’s problem, would you go back to the same dealer and buy ANOTHER new car?

Sure you would- NOT!
DG
Dana_Gartenlaub
May 26, 2005
I’ll remind you children that, as was mentioned earlier, Photoshop is way better than exacto kives and copy stands. You just don’t know how good you have it.

Spend all day in a stinky old darkroom, on your feet, to do something you could do in Photoshop in an hour or two. Then come back and complain!!
TI
Thomas_Ireland
May 26, 2005
Dana,

I spent 14 years standing on my feet in a printed circuit production shop where you couldn’t see the back wall of a 40 foot room because of the haze from the heated chemical baths. The temperature was near 92 degrees in a room with no ventilation or windows. Among the chemicals were sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, stanous flouborate, lead flouborate, potassium permanganate, formaldehyde and many other danger and carcinogenic compounds. Think your darkroom was any worse than that?

Even though we were ill-compensated considering the conditions and health hazards, we worked there because we needed a job, and we worked hard. All five people who have passed away since the shop was closed died of cancer.

In spite of how great things were when they finally installed new improvements like ventilation, air conditioning and some automation, we complained.

We complained because good money was paid for improvements and they sometimes failed to work properly. We expected them to work just as hard as we did. Everyday!

People have paid good money PSCS, and Adobe has shown their true nature by refusing to fix the flaky re-activation issue. PSCS users have every right to complain if the program doesn’t work as hard as they do. EVERYDAY!
QP
Q_Photo
May 27, 2005
Thomas,
THANK YOU for seeing my point concerning REactivation. It seems so obvious that when you pay for a product that you should be able to use it. I can really relate to your working with dangerous chemicals. My wife and I have both spent many years endangering ourselves (dangerous chemicals – darkroom and automotive paints and materials) to earn a dollar and support a family.

Christine Krof Shock,
It seems that because you have not had a problem with REactivation you fail to believe that a lot of others have. That is simply being very narrow minded on your part. Oh, by the way, I’m not a punk and you have no way of knowing what I have experienced in my life so you have NO RIGHT to say how appreciative I should be about anything.

Dana,
Same message to you as to Christine. I will ask you this question though. Because you worked in a darkroom and I did not, does that mean that my money does not have the same value as yours? When I pay for something I expect it to work. Or do I not deserve that right because I never worked in a darkroom? By the way, my wife was a photo lab worker for over 20 years and she doesn’t understand this stupid REactivation by Adobe. Of course, she & I probably simply aren’t as intelligent as you and Christine because you two seem know it all. We’re just “children” compared to you.

I LOVE PHOTOSHOP, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH ACTIVATION, I HATE REACTIVATION.

I am usually a very peaceful person and very easy going. I try to not offend anyone. I honestly believe in peace and brotherhood. That helps make me a fairly good photographer because of the way that I deal with people. But you people that refuse to admit that Adobe has made a huge mistake with this form of activation are simply blind to the facts.

And people that follow blindly make me afraid. Afraid for our rights, afraid for our country, and afraid for our loved ones.
O
Ol__Whozit
May 27, 2005
Yup…this looks like a nice break for Adobe to me…
Stupid idea for a "happy happy joy joy" thread anyway. Do you suggest this idiotic tripe for EVERY large corporation you do business with that others experience problems with also, like McDonalds, Starbucks, Wal-Mart, and the like? Give US a break, binky, and go draw something instead of trying to lead another round of "Adobe’s SO cool!" As someone from the ancient age of contact cement and Frisket masks, I can tell you that in TODAY’s computerized society, PS ain’t the only game in town, although it is the most widely used. That comparison, Dana was lamer than the OP, and displays your lack of extensive professional experience more than your "punk" remark with the YAY ADOBE tag line…

Them that wave their pompoms don’t need any excuse to do so. Those with problems, whether others believe them or not, will seldom become a cheerleader just because of stupid suggestions like this topic…
Jerry Jensen hit the nail dead on with a 15-pound sledge hammer, his reasoning which, I would wager, was part of Adobe’s recent acquisition of Macromedia.

Wave your pompoms and cheer, y’all, but don’t even think that doing so is going to make the anger, disappointment, frustration, and aggravation experienced by others go away, just because YOU haven’t had the unhappy experiences fairly well documented by them.
PM
Peter_McNeill
May 28, 2005
Waa waa waaa… go cry in your milk. If it’s not adobe, you’d be busy bashing MS. I came from the mainframe world cira the 70s. Is software released without bugs, no .. as Heinlien said "TANSTAFL". Go to the other game in town then, think Corel is bug free, Gimp, … guess what, they aren’t. We here are the minority (that is the real problem, you’ll think everyone one thats purchased CS/CS2 has problems), for every one of us there is 100 that are not having problems, that’s why there are support forums. Thre’s huge lists of bugs in XP, Linux, Coreldraw, Gimp, and on and on, that havent been fixed (yes I run suse also and just go look at there bug list). Sorry I haven’t run into any bug that’s major, sorry for bringing up this topic, I thought perhaps the people posting here were serious graphic pros, not the type I expect to see on "overclocker" forums. My mistake… I take back my post.
CC
Chris_Cox
May 28, 2005
(and you thought _I_ was cynical?)
CM
craig_mullins
May 29, 2005
Would it be that difficult to allow a grace period for reactivation, say, a few days? I think that would eliminate quite a bit of the (legitimate) griping I have heard.
D
deebs
May 29, 2005
I guess the only real beta test is once the product is shipping?

Any software product I mean.

When the diversity of source, difficulties in setting specs (international and national), sensitive to local ways of doing things it seems a wonder that semiconducting technologies work at all. But they do 🙂
P
progress
May 29, 2005
well it would help if they fixed bugs that were reported in CS1 (or perhaps updated some now delapidated aspects that havent been touched for a decade) and i’d give them a break if they can tell me a reason why downloading international english CS2 costs (almost 2x) more in the uk than downloading the identical file from the US.
Y
YrbkMgr
May 30, 2005
if they can tell me a reason why downloading international english CS2 costs (almost 2x) more in the uk than downloading the identical file from the US.

Value of the Euro? I’m kidding – couldn’t resist.
S
SteveV
May 30, 2005
<shrug>
©Tony;)
Y
YrbkMgr
May 30, 2005
<chuckle>
S
SteveV
May 30, 2005
Hey mate, I haven’t seen you ’round in ages!… I had to come to the dark side to find ya.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections