LP
Posted By
Lawrence_P_Basso
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know sometimes there are hidden features within Photoshop that go un-noticed and you have to oddly stumble upon them to begin using them. One thing that really bugs me about the radial blur filter, is the center mark. Yeah, it’s great that you can move it around in that little box, but is there any way to see an image preview in there to know where the center is going to be in relation to your image, or show a crosshair on your image within Photoshop? I hate having to guess everytime I use the thing on where I want it. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

~Lawrence

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
May 25, 2005
I don’t think so, but you can guestimate by realizing the box in radial blur represents the entire selected area (or full canvas if no selection).
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
May 25, 2005
try combo keys, Alt, Shift, Ctrl.
C
Corey
May 25, 2005
Make a selection using your favorite Marquee Tool when you radial blur.This will blur only the selection and you can put the center exactly where you want it by ALT-SHFT-dragging the selection as you make it. Place the cursor where you want the center to be and ALT-SHFT-drag. You can feather the selection to fade the effect at the edges too. ALT+S+T will allow you transform the selection and/or see where the center is.

Peadge 😉
KC
Kent_C
May 25, 2005
I have an action that uses a mask around the subject so you can see in the ‘thumbnail’ to the mask where the subject (by the black) in relation to the sides of the image and you can get a pretty good guess from the thumbnail.

See ‘lens blur’ action by me (which is a ‘lens baby’ effect) here:

<http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm>

Scroll down to ‘lens blur’ action.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections