C
Posted By
chrisjbirchall
May 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, the Favorites feature in Bridge is pretty cool. It’s a nice quick way of getting to those regularly visited folders.

However, there is another Favorites button – on the Open Dialogue Box Photoshop itself.

Snag is: the two don’t talk to each other!

Does everyone else find this too – or have I inadvertently unchecked some preference setting or other?

Chris.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
May 24, 2005
….and whilst we are on the subject:

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to have the Favorites available from the Save dialogue as well?

Often I will open a ‘template’ file (for CD labels for instance) which I can find quickly using Favorites. After adding a picture to it I then need to save it to to a different location (the customer folder). Now I have to navigate through the file structure to get to the right place.

It’s a bit like the one-way elevators in shops which take you up to the sales floor. But once they’ve got your money you have to walk down under your own steam! <rant_over>

Chris.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
May 24, 2005
you have to walk down under your own steam

But surely you’d remember that, the next time the warehouse comes into view!

BTW for CS1 I put shortcuts in folders to easily navigate to other folders.

Rob
C
chrisjbirchall
May 24, 2005
Good call Rob. I will investigate the shortcuts idea.

Chris

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections