DD
Posted By
Donald_Durs
May 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My gets stuck during launch while in the process of adding the awedbfiles4.awe.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SE
Sharon_E._Brown
May 5, 2004
Mine too, I have to force quit and restart then cancel the updating. It’s happening randomly, so difficult to trouble shoot.

S. Brown
DD
Donald_Durs
May 5, 2004
Yup. I’ve force quit about a dozen times. Still trying.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 5, 2004
If you can disconnect from the internet, open Photoshop and in Edit>Preferences>Adobe Online check Never Update.
DD
Donald_Durs
May 5, 2004
Thanks very much!
R
Ram
May 5, 2004
Ed has one of the possible solutions, the easiest and most practical one in my opinion. (The other one involves taking the Adobe Online folder out of its loaction and then relaunching.)

This malfunction is a bug that seems to be triggered by problems at the Adobe server’s side.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 5, 2004
Another solution is to upgrade to CS where it is off by default.

By the way, where is that folder in OSX? I was looking and could not find it.
R
Ram
May 5, 2004
Ed,

Macintosh HD > Applications > Adobe Photoshop CS > Plug-Ins > Adobe Photoshop Only > Automate > Online Services

Another one in: username > Library > Applications Support > Adobe > Online Services
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 5, 2004
Thanks, Ramon.
DD
Donald_Durs
May 6, 2004
THANKS!!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections