C4
Posted By
Cats_4ever
Nov 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use HP 2000C printer, the problem is a photo that is purple in it prints out blue, a photo that has blue in it , prints out magenta. I have calibrated the printer, the monitor , changed cartridges , changed printer heads , with same results. Purple flowers are to print purple flowers not blue flowers, and blue flowers are to print blue flowers not magenta flowers. I have searched online for help to no avail. I have changed printer settings too, same results.
I am using Windows 98 SE. I have updated printer driver as well. I don’t know what else to do.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Nov 1, 2003
Cats,

Have you tried the ‘Ignore exif’ download from the Adobe site? Is this happening with images from a digital camera?
C4
Cats_4ever
Nov 1, 2003
It’s happening with anything photo I have that has purple in it or blue in it, some are from my digital and some are photos from free stock sites.
C4
Cats_4ever
Nov 1, 2003
I tried the ignore exif , still prints wrong colors.
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 1, 2003
Have you checked for updated drivers for your video card? Now we’re down to tossing out ideas!
PD
Pete_D
Nov 1, 2003
Cats,

Look at this HP page where they describe a very similar condition and offer a solution.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.js p?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=25517&pro dTypeId=18972&objectID=bpd04913

If that does not do it here is the start page for troubleshooting your printer:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Resource.js p?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=25517&pro dTypeId=18972

Pete
PD
Pete_D
Nov 1, 2003
I see now that the link to the first solution is for CorelDraw. That don’t help.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 1, 2003
Cats, I think at this point I would try to get a fresh profile for your monitor and calibrate it again. If your old profile was somehow corrupt, no amount of calibrating would give you accurate results.
C4
Cats_4ever
Nov 1, 2003
thanks anyway Pete, I had checked it out last night when I did my search.
C4
Cats_4ever
Nov 1, 2003
Barbara, I did do a fresh calibration but still have the same problem. I even redownloaded and reinstalled the updated driver for the printer.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 1, 2003
Cats, I’m not talking about calibrating the printer. I mean the display profile for your monitor. You went to the manufacturer’s website, downloaded a fresh copy of the profile and calibrated from that? That’s really weird. I think Beth is onto something with her video drivers suggestion, then.
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 10, 2003
Cats4Ever-I hate to ask this but have you checked your ink. Just a shot in the dark but when I run out of one color or it’s very low I get prints with incorrect colors. Example shadows all print orange instead of black but other areas print out fine…I’m sure you probably already thought of that but thought just in case I’d toss that out there.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections