N
Posted By
nytrashman7618
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
recently leaned about using the mask tool but have a few questions. i first select "selection brush tool" then "mode:mask" i am then able to mask off part of my picture. after making an adjustment such as "levels" is there a way to go back to the "masked" picture so i can now make another adjustment such as "brightnees/contrass" or do i have re-mask the entire photo? i have the layers pallette open on my desk top and i am able to go directly back to the "levels" layer or the "brightness/contrast" layer but i can’t seem to go back to where i originaly masked the pic.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
I asked this same question a couple of months ago. I was doing a lot of masking then, so I might have forgotten the answer, but let’s see if I’m right: Go back to the layer on which you placed the mask, hold down the either the Command or Option key (can’t remember which, and you do use a Mac, right?), then double click on the mask layer. Do you get the marching ants around the area you’d originally masked? If you do, then your mask is still in effect, but it’s not blacked out like when you’d applied it originally. I kept looking for that characteristic and never found it.

OK, somebody – now post and tell George and I the right way to do this!
N
nytrashman7618
Oct 31, 2003
holding the command key and double clicking on the mask layer worked perfect. i knew there was a way to do this, it just took someone smarter then me to figure it out.
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
No, not smarter. I’ve just been hanging around longer! My hair is probably grayer, too. 🙂
N
nytrashman7618
Oct 31, 2003
Beth,
if you think you hair is gray now, just wait. i have the next 6 days off from work so i will be asking LOTS of questions. might not be a bad to to take a vaction if i were you……..lol
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
Ooops. Not an option – just had one week before last! That’s all right – bring ’em on. Things are quiet around here right now, and I love to use "helping people" as an excuse to sit down at the computer when I should be working. 🙂 And by the way, my hair really doesn’t have any farther to go. I keep calling it "gray" but everybody else would probably say it’s white; I’m in denial.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections