JH
Posted By
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t know how useful this is but if you select Colorsync from the "Copies & Pages" pull down menu (in the Print dialog box), you have the option of applying 7 different Quartz filters: Black and White, Sepia, Gray Tone, Lightness Increase, Lightness Decrease, and Reduce File Size. There’s also the option of adding more filters. I suspect more filters will be written in the near future.

Like I said, I don’t know how useful this is as I do this sort of thing in PSE. I haven’t tried printing anything with the filters yet. My paper is downstairs and I’m too lazy to go get it. 😉

BTW, found this hint over at MacOSXHints < http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=200310271804286 55>. Great site with all kinds of useful hints.

Joe

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 31, 2003
Joe, is printing working okay for you? I can’t get a decent print since I upgraded–all values have shifted and I can’t get things set right.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 31, 2003
Barb,

If you’re talking color values and such, I’m the wrong guy to ask. I just don’t have the eye for that sort of thing unless something is really, really screwed up. Having said that, things seem to be printing ok for me. I just printed some photo-quality prints from some old family photo’s that I just scanned in. Looks good in fact.

Joe
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 31, 2003
Wish I could say the same. The monitor is hugely darker than the prints, and the green channel is more active in prints also. I have set up 13 different monitor profiles and the same thing happens with every single one. 8^(

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections