SN
Posted By
Stan_Nudelman
Oct 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hope you guys can help. Here’s the details: I’m running an IMac using OS X (10.1.3) I had been using the Epson Stylus Photo 2200 with OS 9 and was having a ball. Now I downloaded an OS X driver for it off the Epson site and none of my applications, most importantly, Elements, can find it. When I go to print, the Print Center returns a message: Error Code 30891. the printer is listed in the Print Center list and is the default. I tried deleting the printer and reinstalling it and it still returns error code 30891. Please don’t tell me to go back to OS 9!! Thanks for any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 29, 2003
Are you really using 10.1.3? I don’t think any of the current drivers are really intended for less than 10.1.5. I would strongly suggest updating to 10.1.5. It’s free and it’s much more stable than 10.1.3.

Be sure you have the necessary security and firmware updates.
I
imacgirl
Oct 30, 2003
Stan,

Would you please let me know if you get the 2200 running with 10.1.5. I’ve had my eye on that printer and would love to know how it performs. I hope you get your problem solved by updating. Thanks.

Barb
SN
Stan_Nudelman
Oct 30, 2003
Thanks for your input ladies. The Epson download site for OS X says that the driver works with 10.1.3 and 10.1.5. I will do the upgrade to 10.1.5 and see if that will do the trick and let you know.

As for the 2200 itself, it’s the best photo printer I have ever used. Sharp resolution, crisp color on the right paper and photos that last and last. I have printed up to it’s max size of 13 x 19 and the photos are like open windows. I have been using Elements to create what I want, then switched to OS 9 to use Epson’s Film Factory to send photos to the printer. Works fine, but I detest the back and forth stuff. We’ll see what can be done. Thanks again,

Stan
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 30, 2003
Good luck, Stan. I hear it’s murder to set up in X, but worth it once you get there. If you get stuck you might want to check the print center and preview forum over at apple support–there are usually lots of posts about the 2200, and lots of people who have used it (or tried to).
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Oct 30, 2003
Oh, one other thing–it seems to work better if you use USB rather than firewire in the earlier versions of X.
I
imacgirl
Oct 30, 2003
Stan, thanks for sharing, your review of it sounds sooooo good! I really want to invest in this printer, but I don’t run OS 9 and don’t plan to, I’ve only ever used OS X, currently running 10.1.5. I couldn’t believe my eyes when your topic came up. If you do get it running in X (I really hope so!) and have some clues you’d be willing to share with me, please e-mail me and let me know. You can find my e-mail address under imacgirl here, just click on it. I’d appreciate it very much, thanks.

Barb
SN
Stan_Nudelman
Oct 31, 2003
Just finished installing 10.1.5 and still no luck with this driver. I really fault Epson for this. But, I’m not beat yet. I’ll continue to explore. Great printer…lousy driver support. I’m going to speak with Epson and see what (excuse) they come up with.

Thanks so much for your input.

Stan
I
imacgirl
Nov 3, 2003
Hi Stan,

It doesn’t look too encouraging when I see this topic heading down to the bottom of the page. Did you ever find out if Epson had a driver fix for 10.1.5 or an excuse? I’m hoping a fix…please tell me it’s so. I like your attitude on not giving up, it’s a must with some of this stuff! Thanks.

Barb

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections