GD
Posted By
Gustavo_Del_Vechio
May 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Suppose my monitor display a sRGBiec1966 profile. It´s a average gamut range. How photoshop could display Adobe RGB 1998, which have a bigger gamut than sRGB????.
sRGB would max gamut that my monitor could display????

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PF
Peter_Figen
May 20, 2005
You’re right. The average monitor (with a couple exceptions) can’t display all the colors available in AdobeRGB or any color space larger than sRGB. Normally this isn’t a huge problem as most colors, if they in fact do print, only enhance the image, not detract.
GD
Gustavo_Del_Vechio
May 20, 2005
So, if I select AdobeRGB 1998 or sRGB in my photoshop, would be the same thing???
GD
Gustavo_Del_Vechio
May 20, 2005
I have how to pay to my monitor display AdobeRGB1998????
S
sticks
May 20, 2005
Keeping in mind that most printers aren’t capable of handling the Gamut offered by Adobe RGB. Most labs will need those files with the SRGB profile, that’s if they want an embedded profile. Just my .02. I use Srgb for my profile because that’s what represents the color being printed the best.

Sticks
GD
Gustavo_Del_Vechio
May 20, 2005
But, people….
Please open an image with sRGB proflie. Click in, Image > Mode > assig profile and convert to Adobe RGB
Why does photoshop look like to increase saturation when I convert sRGB to Adobe RGB1998???? Would not it be the same, if my monitor display max range sRGB?????

Thank´s
Gustavo…
GD
Gustavo_Del_Vechio
May 24, 2005
But, people….
Please open an image with sRGB proflie. Click in, Image > Mode > assig profile and convert to Adobe RGB
Why does photoshop look like to increase saturation when I convert sRGB to Adobe RGB1998???? Would not it be the same, if my monitor display max range sRGB?????

Thank´s
Gustavo…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections