KK
Posted By
Karen_Kay
May 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I used to be able to check for and receive automatic downloads whenever I opened Photoshop or any other one of my Adobe programs. Now I just get an error message, "File could not be downloaded. There was a problem connecting to Adobe online. Please check your network settings in the internet control panel". I have tried to do this by going to: control panel>network settings but don’t have a clue what to do from there. I have Photoshop 7.0 and run Windows XP. Thanks in advance for the help, oh-and this problem I have had for a long time, long before service pack two came along.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
May 20, 2005
Turn off the auto update check.
There will be no more updates to 7.0.
KK
Karen_Kay
May 20, 2005
Thanks for the quick response! Since there are no more updates, I guess that is why I kept getting error messages. If I could ask just one more question, how do you turn off the "auto update check"? Thanks again for your help.
CC
Chris_Cox
May 20, 2005
No, actually that is being caused by a SNAFU on the Adobe side (and I can’t find anyone who wants to be responsible).

Go into the update preferences and set it to "never".
KK
Karen_Kay
May 20, 2005
Wow, you are really fast! I was just fooling around with it and I think I took care of the problem by: edit> preferences> Adobe online> check for updates> never. Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!
CC
Chris_Cox
May 20, 2005
You’re welcome.
DM
dave_milbut
May 22, 2005
(and I can’t find anyone who wants to be responsible).

<grin>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections