AD
Posted By
Adam Drew
Aug 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’d appreciate it if y’all could offer me any help or tell me what I’m doing wrong…thanks! 🙂

Here’s an overview of what I’m trying to do:

I am the grad assistant for student media at my university. Right now we’re working on a project archiving all of our old newspapers and yearbooks and offer them online for download.

The newer, typeset papers are still in pretty good shape, and we’re going to run OCR on them later. However, the really old ones from the 1920’s were typed on a typewriter and mimeographed, so the quality is pretty bad. You can see what I’m dealing with here–(this is just a preliminary website):

http://www.stp.gasou.edu/George-Anne/archive/

We want to offer an easy way for computer-illiterate people to download high-res, full-page images and print them out. My idea is to use Photoshop to scale the original images down somewhat and to save them as Photoshop PDF files. This way, I can combine entire editions into one PDF with Acrobat and our readers can easily and quickly download, read and print full-page documents.

Here’s where I’m running into a problem. I’ll start a new action, and record everything I want it to do. However, when I batch process a whole folder, it saves a TIFF–not a PDF–into the output folder. When I recorded the action, it saved a PDF in the output folder, so I’m confused.

I’d really appreciate any help y’all can offer.

Thanks,
Adam

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

WS
Warren Sarle
Aug 11, 2003
"Adam Drew" wrote in message

Here’s where I’m running into a problem. I’ll start a new action, and record everything I want it to do. However, when I batch process a whole folder, it saves a TIFF–not a PDF–into the output folder. When I recorded the action, it saved a PDF in the output folder, so I’m
confused.

Before you record the action, "Save As" some junk image with the settings all different from what you want in the action. Then when you record the action, "Save As" a pdf and be sure to set all the options in the dialog back to what you want. If you don’t change an option in the dialog while you’re recording an action, that option may not get recorded.

When you run the action using the batch command, check the box for ‘Override Action "Save As" Commands’.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections