J
Posted By
JNW
May 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently purchased a new computer. I have my Dell 2005FPW connected via DVI to an ATI 800XL (256 megs) video card.

When I first installed and opened CS2 I received an error about the Color profile being corrupt. I could go ahead and use or ignore. Either option had the same effect. It made the program have unbearable latency. I would click on any of the menu’s up top and about every 5 seconds the program would freeze for around 3-4 seconds and I wasn’t able to highlight anything.

So I ran the Adobe color management profile in the control panel. I re started CS2 and didn’t receive the message but had the same effect concerning latency. I re booted and reran the color management component several times to no avail.

Has anyone else seen a problem similar to this and maybe know a solution?

Thank you

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BL
Bob Levine
May 19, 2005
Try turning hardware acceleration down and see if that corrects is. If so, you need an updated video driver.

Bob
J
JNW
May 19, 2005
I’ll try that tonight. I updated the video driver last night. Apparently some other people are having similar type issues. It seems to be something with the ATI series of cards.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections