MD
Posted By
Mike_D_McCusker
Oct 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am very new to both computers and Photoshop elements. I seem to be following the instructions for bluring a section of a photo but am getting no results. Any suggestions to what I am doing wrong?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 27, 2003
Is this image one that is made up of more than one layer? If so, make sure you’re working on a layer that actually contains the image and isn’t an adjustment layer of some kind. Most of us manage to overlook this little detail occasionally. If this isn’t the case, repost and try to give a little more information about the image you’re working on.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 27, 2003
Was thinking of something else, with high resolution images the blur tool doesn’t quite do the trick. You may want to think about making a selection of what you want blurred with one of the selection tools…which ever works best and using the ‘glaussian blur’ under ‘filters. Seems to do a better job with high res images.
MR
Mark_Reibman
Oct 28, 2003
In general or at least in my opinion, the blur tool is best suited for really small areas. If you are trying to blur a large area it is best to select that area (and sometimes this can be a very tedious process) and then apply the gaussian blur filter as Jodi mentions.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections