Posted By
p_david_riley
May 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I just upgraded from CS to CS2 this evening. I am fed up with re-creating my Actions every time I upgrade as it is always very time consuming. Is there any way to transfer existing Actions to a new version? If so, how do I do this. I checked help etc…without success! Help

David Riley

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Rick
May 19, 2005
wrote in message
Hi,

I just upgraded from CS to CS2 this evening. I am fed up with re-creating my Actions every time I upgrade as it is always very time consuming. Is there any way to transfer existing Actions to a new version? If so, how do I do this. I checked help etc…without success! Help

David Riley

Copy them to the appropriate folder and then load them into CS2.
L
LenHewitt
May 19, 2005
Is there any way to transfer existing Actions to a new version? <<

Sure. Just save the actions you wish to transfer to an Action Set and load that action set in the new version
PD
p_david_riley
May 19, 2005
Len,

Many thanks. Of course it works! I can’t tell you how much time I have wasted on this over the last fifteen years!

Now if only I can find someone to tell me how to insert the Copyright symbol in my text, without me copying and pasting from MS Word!

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

David Riley
Asian Aviation Photography
JJ
John Joslin
May 19, 2005
Do a forum search; there was a recent thread on the ©.
JJ
John Joslin
May 19, 2005
You do know you just have to type Alt+0169 in Photoshop text, don’t you?
BL
Bob Levine
May 19, 2005
Just type alt+0169.

Bob
TI
Thomas_Ireland
May 19, 2005
I keep all my actions and filters in a folder on my hard drive called "Actions and filters".

I have this folder in one I call "Data". The data folder is occasionally backed up. Upgrading to a new version of PS isn’t an issue. At least it hasn’t been in the past. The actions and filters are still where I left them. Is this not a good way to do it?
PD
p_david_riley
May 19, 2005
John/Robert,

I tried alt+0169, but must be doing something wrong as I can’t get the copyright symbol at all. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Thomas,

A great suggestion. With Len’s help I have managed to transfer all my Actions over to CS2 and I have taken your advice and have setup a seperate file for these on both my master and back-up disks. Thanks for the help! Pity I didn’t join this forum fifteen years ago!

Regards,

David
BL
Bob Levine
May 19, 2005
You need to use the numeric keypad.

Bob
TI
Thomas_Ireland
May 19, 2005
To add to what Bob said, be sure that you "Num Lock" is on.

I’ve had people here at work tell me their keyboard suddenly went bad,but by simply pressing the "Num Lock" key things worked again-as if by magic! 🙂

Yep, this forum’s cool. You’ll learn a lot by just browsing though it a few times a day.
L
LenHewitt
May 19, 2005
You’re very welcome, David
PD
p_david_riley
May 19, 2005
Robert/Thomas,

As a mechanic once said to me about my hire car whilst visiting Cyprus "Eh! She works!" Many thanks to all you guys. I will return frequently.

Regards,

David

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections