JH
Posted By
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’d volunteer Grant, but I have neither a bio nor a portrait and nothing I’ve ever created could be considered art. 😉 Can we nominate an artist?

Joe

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 26, 2003
Sounds good Grant. I nominate…. 😉

Joe
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 26, 2003
While I was finishing off my project at work all was ciaos I forgot, I failed, I blew it. Yes I did not ask anyone to be artist of the month for next month. Surely there is a person out there who would like some free exposure. All I need is a short Bio a portrait and some works of art. choice is totally up to you. So her it is first come first served send me and email and let me know that it is a go.

Grant

Home Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

Challenge Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

Alexander Osborn (1888 – 1966)

GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 26, 2003
Joe

Nominations are good and welcome but … please in private as we do not want to embarrass or pressure anyone.

grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 27, 2003
Grant, maybe we could all just send one photograph that we are particularly proud of and just have a sort of forum member gallery for November ????
CR
Chris_Rankin
Oct 27, 2003
What she said.

CR
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 27, 2003
Jodi

I love that idea. Please everyone send in a special image and I will post them In fact send it a couple and I can try to work them in..

Oh yes I have a star for December by both votes and acceptance. So if you want to see your favourite in here and you can even pick yourself as your favourite send me your votes. Remember while this site is maintained by me it really belongs to all of you so without your input it will not be as lively.

Grant

wrote in message
Grant, maybe we could all just send one photograph that we are particularly proud of and just have a sort of forum member gallery for November ????
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 27, 2003
OK Grant, I just sent you 3 images ( hope you are getting my mail ) I found it near impossible to decide on which to send so these are images from my backyard with the new Fuji S5000. I remembered liking these when i first took them so these are the ones i went with.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 27, 2003
OK Jodi has thrown down the gantlet and provided some photos to sweeten the pot. So everyone off the pot and anti up.

g.
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 28, 2003
Hi Grant, I just sent you a photo that I took last week at the little pond at the end of our street.
I hope I used the correct e-mail for you, I sent it to the challenge one. This is fun, Thanks, Jane
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 28, 2003
Jane

Got it! and it is an extremely nice photo.

Grant
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 28, 2003
Thanks Grant, I was actually trying to get a picture of a great blue heron, but he took off, probably heard me crunching thru the swamp.
Oh, there goes our electricity, darn storm, signing off fast,,,,,,, Jane
SR
Schraven_Robert
Oct 28, 2003
Grant,

I’m game and will sent you three images as well.

Robert
JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 28, 2003
Grant, R U getting enough images ? Everyone in the game ?
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 28, 2003
Jodi

I have a start with total of 14 images by 5 people. There is certainly room for many more and I for one would like to see much more. We do have some very creative people in this forum so it is time to strut your stuff. Remember folks it is your site so please make it a great one.

g

wrote in message
Grant, R U getting enough images ? Everyone in the game ?
SR
Schraven_Robert
Oct 28, 2003
What if this would be a success?
You do realise that, if you would put a theme to it, this request is exactly the opposite of the challenge where Grant supplies an image and we all fiddle with it.
In this case we could be asked to supply our best image to a theme supplied by Grant. Say "best X-mass" or "dog in snow" picture etc.

I realise that this is borderline elements but it may do good to the community as it requires photoskills rather then PSE skills, which seems at times a threshold for people to join in on the challenge.
Just a remark no more 🙂

Robert

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections