Retaining Monitor Calibration Settings (Adobe Gamma)

DB
Posted By
D_Bruess
Oct 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 1.0, PSA Album 1 and use Adobe Gamma to calibrate my monitor. I have had problems with my computer retaining my monitor settings as calibrated in Adobe Gamma on my Windows XP system (HP 2.5 Ghz w/512 MB ram w Nvidia Geoforce 4 video card).

Whenever I boot up I can see the monitor adjust to my settings. Sometimes but not always it will later go to a much lighter and brighter setting during bootup (not at all calibrated). I have always been able to fix this my running Adobe Gamma and proceeding to the calibration part where you see the three primary color boxes and then clicking on any adjustment bar and then canceling out of the calibration. This problem has become more of a nuisance lately as I have decided to password protect my pc for internet security purposes and it now occurs everytime I enter my password to log back on.

No matter how many times I have saved a new profile this problem has continued to occur. I only have this problem on one of my three computers.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any ideas on how to solve it?

David

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DB
D_Bruess
Oct 26, 2003
Solved problem by updating to latest Nvidia Driver. Though I had though my problem had something to do with Adobe Gamma it was my video card resetting to default video in error.

David
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 26, 2003
I should have just gone ahead and suggested that the first time I saw this post – it would have saved time. I don’t know why I didn’t, either. I’m sorry. 🙁

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections